3 months in Philippines, where dive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamonica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
We'll be in Philippines December, January and February.
Where are the places for diving ? in which order (route) starting in Jakarta (we have to start here) ?
Thanks
M

I assume your 90 days visa is in order.
Four main areas for diving.
1. Coron
2. Luzon: Anilao, Puerto Galera and Subic Bay.
3. Mindanao: Camiguin, Davao, General Santos and Surigao.
4. Visayas: Alona Beach, Dumaguete, Malapascua, Moalboal, Siquijor, Sipalay and Southern Leyte.

The list is NOT complete and there are plenty other places as well.
Plan carefully to avoid any un-necessary backtracking.

I wish I have three weks!!!

Let us know if Central's post and a good use of the search function didn't give you enough answers.... Enjoy!

i assume your 90 days visa is in order.
Four main areas for diving.
1. Coron
2. Luzon: Anilao, puerto galera and subic bay.
3. Mindanao: Camiguin, davao, general santos and surigao.
4. Visayas: Alona beach, dumaguete, malapascua, moalboal, siquijor, sipalay and southern leyte.

The list is not complete and there are plenty other places as well.
Plan carefully to avoid any un-necessary backtracking.

I wish i have three weks!!!

thanks for your reply
i spoke with the philippines embassy today and they said i can get a visa
in jakarta. Otherwise just go out every 21 days ...
Im new in this website so hopefully you'll see my reply !

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:30 PM ----------

HI ! IM NEW IN THIS WEBSITE I HAVE TO INVESTIGATE MORE
ANYWAY, I THINK IS VERY GOOD !!!
CONGRATS !

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:30 PM ----------

THANKS ! OF COURSE YOUR INFO HELPS !

thanks for your reply
i spoke with the philippines embassy today and they said i can get a visa
in jakarta. Otherwise just go out every 21 days ...
Im new in this website so hopefully you'll see my reply !

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:30 PM ----------

HI ! IM NEW IN THIS WEBSITE I HAVE TO INVESTIGATE MORE
ANYWAY, I THINK IS VERY GOOD !!!
CONGRATS !

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:30 PM ----------

THANKS ! OF COURSE YOUR INFO HELPS !

You can get a visa extension once you are in the Philippines. I got an extension once in Boracay, the local immigration office was only opened a few days a week and needed a few days to process it, so don't wait until the last day or two. On one trip we just flew off the Hong Kong for the weekend.

My suggested itinerary:
1. Manila to Anilao.
2. Cross over the channel to Puerto Galera.
3. Bus/jeepney to Roxa. I think there is a ferry from Roxa in Mindoro to Boracay.
4. From Boracay to Ili-ilo and ferry to Bacolod follow a long bus ride to Sipalay.
5. Another bus journey to Dauin/Dumaguete.
6. Bus and ferry to Moalboal.
7. Bus to Cebu and then ferry to Bohol.
8. From northern Bohol there is a ferry to Massin in Southern Leyte. Trike to Padre Bugos.
9. Bus to Ormoc and ferry to Camotes Island.
10. Ferry to Danao and bus to Maya Maya, ferry to Malapascua.
11. Back to Cebu. Fly to Coron or Davao, Gen San or Surigao.
12. From Coron, Gen San or Davao there are flights to Manila. And from Coron there might be even flight to Clark for Subic Bay.

The most crucial connection is the ferry from Roxa to Boracay. Check it out and if it does not run then you have to go back to Batangas to catch the overnight ferry(2 GO) to Caticlan which is a stone throw from Boracay.

Thanks !!! is getting more and more clear with your asnwers !!!

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Fantastic ! Thanks a lot ! looking forward to go ! ticket for the 26th of Nov !! yes yes yes !!!

Coron or Puerto Galera, Mindoro Island for wreck diving, Boracay for all around holiday experience, for lowest price Moal Boal, Cebu Island, For more costly but memorable experience a 5 to 7 day live aboard trip from Palawan to Tubbataha Reef. if island hopping is your purpose as well then also Panglao, Malapascua and Siquijor islands.

Back
Top Bottom