3+ deco dives per day?

Three+ staged decompression dives in 24hrs?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
20181223_210616.jpg
20181223_210503.jpg

Active technical divers only (if you please):

Have you ever done three dives requiring staged decompression in the same day (Not during training)?

Secondly: would you again in the future if opportunity presented?

Why?

Cameron

Assuming we’re talking about the dives they were doing, big nope. Just not worth the risk. 10 minutes of light backgas deco is one thing, deep trimix deco, rebreather or OC, is another animal.

I tend to view things in terms of overall risk profile for the dive, and you have to take into account the whole dive. Benign bottom portion doesn’t mean the deco won’t kill you, so you’ve gotta look at the whole thing. A 3rd serious dive, no matter how “easy” it is, can still kill you.

Light deco? Sure. The profiles they were diving that day...**** no.

Three trimix dives? Heck no.

They were doing some profiles that I wouldn't do but in Truk Lagoon I did well over 3 deco dives per day but I was extremely generous with my deco. I think Peter teaches some really aggressive profiles

As Nancy Reagan preached..."Just Say No." In this case, to more than two serious dives per day. Heck, for really deep dives I'm very happy with just one.

In 24 hours, yes (up to 4 dives). But not on the same day, 2 trimix dives max on the same day, i never tried 3 trimix dives on the same day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom