3 Days Diving during mid-January for a beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marianne777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be in the Philippines in January 2007. I was thinking of going on a small trip with 3 full days of diving. Where do you suggest I go? I'll be flying from Manila and don't mind flying somewhere... I will be by myself so somewhere safe would be great (I am Filipino and speak a little of the language). I'd like to see sharks, rays, big fish, etc. I would love to see a whale shark! I'm a beginner diver (12-15 dives). If I want to take a break from diving, a nice beach to relax would be nice. Thanks in advance!

I'll suggest Solana Bezo Beach Resort at Anilao, Batangas. Nice place to rest and dive, good food, excellent service and definitely safe. Just look for Adrean. Whale shark in Anilao is very rare, there was a sighting of one last February though at Ligpo bahura dive site.
Welcome to scubaboard too by the way.Hope you'll have an excellent vacation here.

if u want to see the whalesharks, you need to go to Donsol via Legazpi, a 55-minute plane travel from Manila. diving w/ the whalesharks is not allowed, you can only snorkel with them.

and then there's always PG (Puerto Galera) and Anilao, Batangas for the rest.

You'd really have to fly out of Manila to see those fishes. :) I think you'll enjoy anilao and PG if you'd want to be near manila. If you're lucky maybe there'll be a liveaboard to verde island during your stay here. Haven't been there but they say its worth it. :)

mampsa, where do u think I can find rays here? i never saw one yet :(

rhadamantus:
mampsa, where do u think I can find rays here? i never saw one yet :(

Malapascua... mantas on moad shoal in the afternoons...

not up to Mike Veitch quality, but here's a snap of a manta we saw at Moad Shoal... :D

IMG_2416.jpg

Blue spotted rays.:D Both kinds (Dasyatis and Taeniura). Heaps of them in the Atlantis house reef. Atlantis-Dumaguete would be a great place for someone traveling alone. More laid back than Puerto Galera and very safe. Here's the website- http://www.atlantishotel.com/. Apo Island is also a daytrip away from Dumaguete. I saw a baby spotted eagle ray there last month.

hi marianne

since you're looking for big stuff i'd recommend dumaguete... apo island should satisfy your cravings BUT some of the sites there might need a bit more experience as they can get pretty... ummm... exciting...

bohol is also great and has very good surface options

Jag

isn't malapascua for advanced divers? would love to go to dumaguete but i'll have to see if they have enough beginner dives for me. i've gone 30m once but it was a few years ago... does bohol have good dives too?

there is always a dive for everyone over at dumaguete :) just make sure you tell the dive shop of your skill level and ask questions on the briefing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom