3 cheers for turtle/jet fins!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noshow

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Just finished my 8th dive with my new Turtle Fins and can I day wow! These things are great.

I got bent over and stuck with Atomic Splitfins when I was buying my first piece of gear back in March.
"You need these, these are the best. It's like wearing nothing underwater. Best thing out there now. Awesome. Etc, etc... " says the dive shop people.
Before finding this forum and relying on reviews like rodales :nono: I said "OK, Here's my $280 (Canadian) plus pst + gst..."

I had the opportunity to try a friends turtle fins months later as i could not frog kick, backwards kick, or fine tune control like i was aspiring to do with the atomics. These were good on my first try. So I ordered a pair and had the halcyon spring heels put on too.

These things are great!!!!!! I STRONGLY urge anyone who has not tried this fin (jet or turtle if you have big feet) to TRY THESE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING ELSE! PLESASE. They are truely unbeatable.

2 other friends have recently traded in their "old" fins for these. One pair was the Dacor Tigers and one was the Atomic Splitfins.

I will give the Atomics some praise for doing what they are made to do... flutter kick. They are fantastic for this but THIS ALONE. Otherwise they are useless and will fall apart long before the turtles show aging. Halcyon's spring heels are a top quality product too, unmatched by other sets I have seen.

In closing, I LOVE the turtle/jet fins and LOVE going backwards! The backwards kick is one of the most usefull kicks one could learn and apply underwater. And the control with these... well you get the point.

long live the turtle

I just ordered mine so I appreciate your review.

Chad

I'll give ya $20 for your old fins.

Sorry Jim I still need them for my wetsuit.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom