3 Cell Voting Logic on eCCRs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get what your saying but as a new rebreather diver, I don't think DR.Mike is jumping into HE right away.

Best regards,
Chett
He may not.....but many people do. WOB, gas density, narcosis...there are several reasons why people so - especially those of us who dove He mixes before CCR. I know, including myself, a whole group of CCR divers that only dive some He in the mix since day 1.

one of the two minuscule little 011 dynamic little Orings in the SPG spool.

If you can be wrong about that, now I don't know if I can believe you about anything!!

He may not.....but many people do. WOB, gas density, narcosis...there are several reasons why people so - especially those of us who dove He mixes before CCR. I know, including myself, a whole group of CCR divers that only dive some He in the mix since day 1.

ding ding, and I know quite a few instructors that incorporate something like TDI's Advanced Recreational Trimix into their courses for that reason

If you can be wrong about that, now I don't know if I can believe you about anything!!
It's best not to believe anything I say ever. Welcome to the internet :D

ding ding, and I know quite a few instructors that incorporate something like TDI's Advanced Recreational Trimix into their courses for that reason

Into their CCR "mod1" courses? I don't know a single agency approving of that.

It's best not to believe anything I say ever. Welcome to the internet :D

Into their CCR "mod1" courses? I don't know a single agency approving of that.

Look into the TDI pre requisites for their:

TDI CCR HELITROX DECOMPRESSION PROCEDURES

Who this course is for:
  • The certified TDI Air Diluent Diver (or equivalent) who is looking to extend their depth limitations, learn CCR decompression procedures, and reduce narcosis
  • The open circuit TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures or Helitrox Diver looking to utilize CCR technology to extend their depth limits and bottom times
Course prerequisites:
  • Minimum age 18
  • Proof of 50 logged dives
  • Minimum certification level of TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver, Deco Procedures Diver or Helitrox diver or equivalent from agencies recognized by TDI
  • If the rebreather is a TDI approved sidemount rebreather, the student must hold the TDI Sidemount Diver Certification or equivalent and provide proof of 10 logged sidemount dives

Interesting, but I guess I should have expected something like this from an agency that will give you a normoxic dil card and after a certain number of hours graduate to a hypoxic dil card without even seeing the instructor again. Seems rather idiotic to take a brand new CCR diver and having them doing deco when their mid-water shallow stop capability is never going to be strong. Blow a bag and hang I suppose

What are the technical challenges of having O2, CO2, N2, and He sensors on board to account for all major gases in the mix? What are potential drawbacks besides cost?

What's the likelihood that two dissimilar sensors will fail simultaneously?

n2 sensors aren't really reliable and are stupid expensive, CO2 sensors aren't reliable yet because of moisture problems, and He is onboard with the Liberty already.

The major disadvantage there is power requirements both from a battery standpoint and processing power. You can't use these on analog CCR's because of the way the He and CO2 sensors work so that is why APD and Poseidon had their CO2 sensors earlier, but now with DiveCAN it is all about which manufacturers are going to create the space in the head for the sensors. Revo could get them in, but no way you could fit them in the Meg right now simply due to space concerns

What are the technical challenges of having O2, CO2, N2, and He sensors on board to account for all major gases in the mix? What are potential drawbacks besides cost?

What's the likelihood that two dissimilar sensors will fail simultaneously?
I know it may be a shock but rebreathers are actually older than open circuit technology and pre-date any kind of sensor at all.

I hear what your saying... Many of the CCR instructors in California want brand new CCR rebreather divers to have 100 logged dives under there belt before switching to He. Even if the diver has Tri Mix OC experience.

Best regards,
Chett

Back
Top Bottom