3-6-5 Morrison Spring Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yep, Flounder/Sole/or similar - not sure what kind though...
I'm curious. Is Morrison brackish, or is there frequent salt water intrusion? I'm surprised if flounder or sole live in fresh water - of course my not actually knowing anything about this should not result in me being surprised...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looks to me like the little kid pulled some watermelon out the gooses butt and took a bite. :D Not sure who did it, but WaterDawg positioned them back closer to how they were after I knabbed a pic.

Maybe that one would more appropriate in the Quackers and Cheeze forum.

MB:
I'm curious. Is Morrison brackish, or is there frequent salt water intrusion? I'm surprised if flounder or sole live in fresh water - of course my not actually knowing anything about this should not result in me being surprised...

I can't claim to know anything about them either :)

Morrison's spring run flows into the Choctawhatchee which ends in the Bay at Fort Walton Beach which has a channel into the Gulf of Mex. I guess its brackish, but I don't know to what extent as far north as Ponce De Leon(where Morrison Springs is located). I've seen mullet in the spring on several occasions, so saltwater/brackish water species do enter the spring run and hang around the basin.

A search on google pulled up a few brackish and freshwater soles, including some sites with freshwater soles as aquarium fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom