3-28 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at 80 feet on a WWII tank wreck.

Tank wreck
tank.jpg

Leaf Scorpionfish
leaf.jpg

School of Bluestripe Snappers
snappers.jpg

Gilligan:
It's about time you got back in the water! Gorgeous shots as always.

I went to your site so I could check your setting on the pics (as I am constantly amazed at the clarity of your pics) and found that it is not very Safari friendly... the side menu doesn't show up. Went over to Firefox and had no problems.

I'm not sure what the fix would be, us Mac users have come to expect it and that's why I end up using Firefox more times than not. Thought you'd like to know...

Moodiejeff:

I went to your site so I could check your setting on the pics (as I am constantly amazed at the clarity of your pics) and found that it is not very Safari friendly... the side menu doesn't show up. Went over to Firefox and had no problems.

I'm not sure what the fix would be, us Mac users have come to expect it and that's why I end up using Firefox more times than not. Thought you'd like to know...

Thanks for telling me. I suspect Safari is not able to read a frames page setup (main page, left page, right page)?
Not sure what the solution is for that. Perhaps it's because I created it in Front Page and it may not be cross-browser compatible. You know how Microsoft can be.

Moodiejeff:

As for the camera settings keep in mind that I post edit my pics in PS and Helicon Filter for the wide angle shots without a flash.

Really nice, Jim. Neat perspective on the tank with diver. Got the Leaf Scorpionfish on a neutral background, so it really stands out. The last one is just too cool for school.

Gilligan:
As for the camera settings keep in mind that I post edit my pics in PS and Helicon Filter for the wide angle shots without a flash.
Oh, I knew they were post edited... I've got a trip coming up (to Turks & Caicos) and am determined to shoot Manual the whole time, I'm just checking the aperture & shutter speeds to get a better grasp on what I'll need to do.

I'll look up the Helicon Filter on google to satisfy my curiosity. I was thinking of getting a wide angle lens but I have to decide if I will primarily use my 5060 or SP-350 this time. That and I got a cheap underwater video rig on ebay too... Ugh! I'll have to have my wife carry that one! Or maybe switch off between dives.

As far as Safari goes... it's probably a quick fix but it's definitely not my area of expertise. I supect you're right that it's a Microsoft/Apple thing. Maybe it's an older version of Frontpage?

Gilligan:

Tank wreck
tank.jpg

Is that the one you posted before with the before and after pics showing the damage from an earthquake?

Very nice as always. I don't believe this is the same vehicle that was shown in the pics that Jim made before and after the earthquake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom