3-28 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby:
Is that the one you posted before with the before and after pics showing the damage from an earthquake?

No, it is a different wreck but by the looks of it that earthquake damaged it also. As time goes by I am finding out about more and more things that were damaged by that earthquake.

A dive operator friend of mine showed me a photo of a dead turtle that was trapped under a ledge that partially collapsed from the earthquake and trapped the turtle.

Moodiejeff:
Oh, I knew they were post edited... I've got a trip coming up (to Turks & Caicos) and am determined to shoot Manual the whole time, I'm just checking the aperture & shutter speeds to get a better grasp on what I'll need to do.

I'll look up the Helicon Filter on google to satisfy my curiosity. I was thinking of getting a wide angle lens but I have to decide if I will primarily use my 5060 or SP-350 this time. That and I got a cheap underwater video rig on ebay too... Ugh! I'll have to have my wife carry that one! Or maybe switch off between dives.

As far as Safari goes... it's probably a quick fix but it's definitely not my area of expertise. I supect you're right that it's a Microsoft/Apple thing. Maybe it's an older version of Frontpage?

You can download the Helicon Filter here

My Front Page was the 2003 version. Microsoft has discontinued Front Page and replaced it with something else.

When I use the Manual WB I change the ISO from 100 to 200. It allows me to keep a higher shutter speed and smaller lens opening. I shoot MWB with the WAL around 1/125 and F4.0 to F5.0. The digital noise will be a little higher than at ISO 100, especially if you are farther away from the subject, but the free version of Helicon Filter seems to handle that. One of these days I'll pay for the version that gives me the PS plugin so I don't have to open two programs.

I was real happy with MWB in the shallow reefs of the Philippines for the WAL shots.

Gilligan:
You can download the Helicon Filter here
PC only... :shakehead Thanks though, I hope someone else can benefit from the info

Gilligan:
My Front Page was the 2003 version. Microsoft has discontinued Front Page and replaced it with something else.
That's most likely the problem...I'm not sure when Apple came out with Safari but it was right around then or a little after.

Thanks for all the other wide-angle info too... it will be a big help!

Oh... Another vow is to shoot all RAW too, I did last trip and it was worth the long wait times. I did blow a seahorse shot due to the long waits (I try to not harrass the sealife), I thought I had the shot but it was blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom