2nd Stage finger tight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what are the light bulb and the wrest seals ?
Spare HID light (a backup primary). The idea with the seals is that if you tore one you could pull that up your wrist and over the tear but it's one of those good ideas on paper that doesn't add anything in the water.

Spare HID light (a backup primary). The idea with the seals is that if you tore one you could pull that up your wrist and over the tear but it's one of those good ideas on paper that doesn't add anything in the water.

So the cave divers carry 3 lights plus a backup bulb ?,

What brand of light allows the bulb to work in water ?

So the cave divers carry 3 lights plus a backup bulb ?,

What brand of light allows the bulb to work in water ?
Not always. Usually it's just 1 primary and 2 backups. A backup primary allows you to keep going in the event of a primary light failure. Most dives don't require that.

Canister light fitted with e/o underwater pluggable lights allow for this. Halcyon and Light Monkey being major brands that have this option.

I guess the finger tightening thing may be one of the culprits behind cave divers finding 2nd stages laying on the bottom. I tighten mine with a wrench but barely any pressure, just bump it one time, no sense in over tightening. I've never had anything come loose on a dive.

Never heard of finger tight so I'll give the finger to that thought. Regulators free flow when they malfunction. That is there design. At least since I started diving in 1953. If a regulator free flows while diving reach back and close the valve until you get just enough air and terminate the dive.

I cannot count on both hands how many times I've seen barrel O-rings cut because of the finger tight nonsense. Just say no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom