2nd Stage Bauer 320D not build up pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am working on Bauer compressor 320D. I have problem when I run the compressor but the 2nd stage not build up pressure perfectly. It goes up but just go back down again. anyone can help me?

Hi, a little more information could be helpfully. Have you cheked the condensat drain valve, is it leaking ? What about the safety-valves ? Tried a "blow-by" test ?

Hi Guys,
I am working on Bauer compressor 320D. I have problem when I run the compressor but the 2nd stage not build up pressure perfectly. It goes up but just go back down again. anyone can help me?

Is this unit equipped with an auto condensate drain?

Hi, a little more information could be helpfully. Have you cheked the condensat drain valve, is it leaking ? What about the safety-valves ? Tried a "blow-by" test ?
I checked on condensat drain vale but no leaking there. but for safety valve what type test that I can do? Then also can you explain me about how to perform "blow-by" test?
Thanks

---------- Post added November 6th, 2013 at 09:15 AM ----------

Is this unit equipped with an auto condensate drain?
No, we should do manually by condensate drain valve..

---------- Post added November 6th, 2013 at 09:32 AM ----------

Hi Craig,
I am sorry, there was mistake from my reply before. yes it is equipped with automatic condensate drain system..
Do you have any idea of this problem..
Thanks..

The auto drain is controlled by a "repeat cycle" timer. This timer has two setting. One controls the interval between cycles (minutes) and the other controls the duration of the cycle (seconds). The factory usually sets the interval at 15 minutes and the duration at 8 seconds. If the unit builds pressure and immediately loses it, it is possible that the drain interval setting has moved to minimal, a minute or less. What I suspect though, since you didn't mention that the pressure builds, drops and builds again in a continuous repeatition, is that the unit is running long enough to enter a drain cycle, but never builds pressure again. This could happen from 10 to 20 minutes depending on the interval setting. If this is the case, your drain timer is bad. I have seen this happen many times with solid state timers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom