2nd dive trip to Philippines in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oryosef5388

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,
I am Instructor working in Eilat, Israel, and I am planning a dive trip in Southeast of asia.
I dived a year ago in the Philippines: Puerto Gallera, Apo reef, Coron, El-Nido, Malapascua, Moal-Boal, Duemaggete, Apo Island, Alona Beach, Siquior, Subic bay.
I already booked cheap flight arrive Bangkok in Oct 8 16:00hrs, and back in Oct 20 in midnight.
Also I am intresting in liveaboard at Similan Island in Thailand from Oct 15 to Oct 19.
I found good flights from Thailand to Manila means that I have 6 days of diving between 9th to 14th.
I tried to search dive sites which I didn't dive there, but I have'nt find good places.
Please guys help me to find new dive sites in Phiippines that in mid OCT the conditions will be good.
Thanks,

Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte but require an internal flight to Tacloban + bus.
How about technical diving or even GUE training in PG?

I do only NDL dives, so it's not relevance for me.
Abous Sogod bay- what unique in this area? is it better than Apo Island and duemmagete area?
All I can say is that they are all different. Mid Oct is probably a bit too early for the whaleshark in Sogod Bay.
BTW, GUE Fundamental is NOT a technical course.
I do not agree that Anilao is similar to PG. Anilao is more on macro while PG is a bit of everything(deep, drift, wreck etc) including eating out and entertainment.
You had been to many places in the country and I am surprised that you had never been to Anilao. There is no domestic flight to catch and Manila is just 3-4 hrs away by public transport. So if the weather turns nasty you do not have to worry of missing the connection.
General Santos is very good but unfortunately it is down south in Mindanao.

Dude, you have already been practically everywhere in Philippines! Centrals is right, Anilao is different than PG, awesome for macro. Actually, all the advice above is good, I don't know what else you are looking for. :errrr:

Maybe just go back to whatever was your favorite spot previously? Otherwise, you are looking at getting way off the beaten track...

Dude, you have already been practically everywhere in Philippines! Centrals is right, Anilao is different than PG, awesome for macro. Actually, all the advice above is good, I don't know what else you are looking for. :errrr:

Maybe just go back to whatever was your favorite spot previously? Otherwise, you are looking at getting way off the beaten track...

Thanks for reply,
I guess I will have to go back for places which I know. I started to plan, so I thought about 4 ways. please comment me about that.
The first plan:
9th arrive manila in 5:00, flight to Dumaguete and dive in Daiun.
10th Dive in Apo Island, in the evening cross to Cebu and head to Moalboall
11th Dive in MoalBoal, in the evening head north of cebu
12th take a boat to Malapascua. From my last trip I know that there is a boat only in late morning, so I will miss the thresher shark trip and take closer dives
13th Treshser Shark trip. Do you know if in the evening is there boat for mainland Cebu? take a bus to Cebu and sleep there.
14th Shopping in Cebu. In the evening take plane to Manila and then exit the Philippines.

The second plan:
9th arrive manila in 5:00, flight to Dumaguete and dive in Daiun.
10th Dive in Apo Island. In the evening take a ferry to Tagbilaran
11th arrive at morning and head to Alona beach. Dive aroung Panglao Island
12-13th dive in Alona beach
14 take a ferry to Cebu and then Plane to Manila

The third plan:
9th arrive manila in 5:00, flight to Coron in 9:00 and try to make up for 1/2 dives.
10-11th dives in the wrecks
11th evening take a boat to San Jose in Mindoro (I know there are not schedule boat)
12th go to Sablayan and cross to Pandan Island
13th Dive in Apo Island
14th Head to Manila by bus to PG, boat to Batangas and bus to Manila

The forth plan:
9th arrive manila in 5:00, flight to Tacloban, 2 buses for Pedre Burgus.
10-13th Dive in Pedre Burgus
14th Vice versa to come back Manila

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom