288 Lake - Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone give me the website for 288 lake? I have not heard of this place before.

Denise

288Lake

I am up for diving there just about whenever anyone wants to go (Fri, Sat, Sun), except the 16th,17th when I will be taking the Diving for Science course in San Marcos.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your post. If a apology is due please accept mine. I thought you were one of the knuckleheads that brings food to feed the fish and show your students look this is neat, People have to remember these fish are wild and have a natural fear toward things bigger than them (which is a good thing) however once they relate easy food with the big knucklehead they think everyone is a knucklehead with easy food and will start biting a diver all over in search of the hidden treat. Believe me this is about as much fun encountering a swarm of mosquitoes. This can be prevented simply by not feeding the fish to begin with just look at them.

Thank you for writing this. It's good info and a good philosophy. However, I've known good, conscientious, divers who have fed fish for entertainment. Rather than branding them knuckleheads from the get-go, I find it's more effective to educate folks in a more approchable way. I remember my mother telling me something about catching flies using honey... :wink:

I remember my mother telling me something about catching flies using honey... :wink:

Yeah, but... Who wants a bunch of flies? :confused:

Thank you for writing this. It's good info and a good philosophy. However, I've known good, conscientious, divers who have fed fish for entertainment. Rather than branding them knuckleheads from the get-go, I find it's more effective to educate folks in a more approchable way. I remember my mother telling me something about catching flies using honey... :wink:

Please do not confuse the term Knucklehead with Idiot. A knucklehead does something not knowing any better which is what I was referring to in previous posts, on the other hand a Idiot knows better and still does it anyway and does not think or care about the consequences of their action.

Please do not confuse the term Knucklehead with Idiot. A knucklehead does something not knowing any better which is what I was referring to in previous posts, on the other hand a Idiot knows better and still does it anyway and does not think or care about the consequences of their action.
So is this a knucklehead or an idiot?
Crazy Scuba Diver Has Accident - Video

Please don't feed the fish.

QUOTE]

From the footage of the missing toe, I would of thought he might have learned a lesson. To be honest I would put him in a class of his own maybe barn yard animal stupid or such. Because this guy has eliminated this animals fear of humans, Imagine if you would, some unsuspecting diver is cruising along minding his buisness with his hands by his side, fingers dangling and BAM Mr moray decides to latch on to what he thought was a oscar meyer. Or even worse a group of Buff divers are crusing along, and Mr Moray sees what he thinks is a oscar meyer, well you get the picture.

QUOTE]

From the footage of the missing toe, I would of thought he might have learned a lesson. To be honest I would put him in a class of his own maybe barn yard animal stupid or such. Because this guy has eliminated this animals fear of humans, Imagine if you would, some unsuspecting diver is cruising along minding his buisness with his hands by his side, fingers dangling and BAM Mr moray decides to latch on to what he thought was a oscar meyer. Or even worse a group of Buff divers are crusing along, and Mr Moray sees what he thinks is a oscar meyer, well you get the picture.

Actually, his new thumb is his toe. He didn't lose his toe to an accident, he cut it off in Thailand and had it sewn onto his hand.

Anybody know if the website has changed, or if it is just down? The site 288lake.com doesn't exist...

Back
Top Bottom