26650 batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lindenbruce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

Okay, I am in need of good quality 26650 battery cells for a dive light. From what I can gather any of the cells on flebay with the word "Fire" in them are to be avoided. Is this true? So, can anyone recommend a good quality 26650 cell? I want to stay away from the high amp versions typically used in vaping.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

KeepPower 5200mAh
And yes, most of the ***Fire ones are junk.
Only the original Trustfire ones with the hologram are good (there are bad clones of those too).

If you find a good one please post after a long term test.

I bought 4 of the radio shack rechargeable "brand". One was bad right out of the package, it measured 0 when tested with a volt meter but when put in the charger it showed fully charged. However the other 3 seem to work. The one thing I notice is that when they are done that's it no warnings like a dimming light they just stop working. My guess is that takes about 1.5 hours on max to drain the batteries in my 3000 Lumen canister light from China.

I've been buying Panasonic batteries in both 26650 and 18650. Made in Japan. They seem to take a charge, hold it well, and last as long as rated. I buy the ones with the button cap and the protective circuit built in. A little pricier than the XXXFire, but never had a problem.

I've been buying Panasonic batteries in both 26650 and 18650. Made in Japan. They seem to take a charge, hold it well, and last as long as rated. I buy the ones with the button cap and the protective circuit built in. A little pricier than the XXXFire, but never had a problem.
Agreed - never had an issue with panasonic batteries.

I once got a "fake" xxxFire 26650 battery - it consisted of an aluminum tube the diameter of a real 26650 battery with a much smaller battery stuffed inside it. You get what you pay for...

I bought 4 of the radio shack rechargeable "brand". One was bad right out of the package, it measured 0 when tested with a volt meter but when put in the charger it showed fully charged. However the other 3 seem to work. The one thing I notice is that when they are done that's it no warnings like a dimming light they just stop working. My guess is that takes about 1.5 hours on max to drain the batteries in my 3000 Lumen canister light from China.

That's prolly because they have a PCB that protects the battery from being over discharged. A lot of these batteries have this feature. And a lot don't. You just have to search for either "protected" of "non-protected". B.

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 05:16 PM ----------

I'm having a hard time trying to find the Panasonic brand batteries. I will search for the KeepPower and see what I can find on those. Thanks for the input folks. B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom