2400lumens diving light,Reliable price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because price varies by order quantity. They will change the price between 1,2,3,4,5, etc. I exaggerate but you get the point. You could probably try to negotiate on top of the pricing they give.

Also, don't forget to factor in cultural practices and customs.

That is my point. I have ordered RC parts from places like this and had great experiences but they came right out and listed prices including quantity discounts.

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

The point is that most of the people on ScubaBoard are divers, not shop owners. They have no need for 100 lights. They have a need for 1 or 2 in most cases. Coming here and offering to sell 100 lights is narrowing the target audience quite a bit. If a shop owner comes here and gets a price for 100 and people can buy from them, then great. But most of the audience here is divers.

The 100 unit quantity and pricing is for wholesale and gives a point of reference. Alibaba is meant for resellers, not individuals. That's like complaining about Costco selling things in bulk.

You can always order a small sample order for a higher premium.

I think this is actually pretty smart of them. They are proactively seeking their market which can help drive word of mouth. If I saw enough positive reviews from people who bought samples, I might buy a 100 to resell on here. :p

---------- Post added August 19th, 2013 at 01:55 PM ----------

That is my point. I have ordered RC parts from places like this and had great experiences but they came right out and listed prices including quantity discounts.

From companies in china listing on alibaba?

This isn't digikey :p

The OP stated that email is preferred because there are volume discounts to take into account. I asked for a price based on specific volumes so why would it matter if the request was given via email or in a public forum where they are communicating anyway? If there is nothing to hide then there should be no issue telling me my price (or anybody else's) out here in the open. I asked for a specific QTY so the seller has what they need to quote me an FOB shipping point price. I could ask them to include shipping if I wanted, but listing the price for QTY 1 as well as for QTY 2 would be enough to get people interested (perhaps).

They probably stopped checking the board after they posted their email address.

My only point is that you shouldnt equate poor communication and planning from someone in China posting on what is some random scuba board to them with being shady or having something to hide.

Didn't say it was digikey. Comparing to aliexpress or obostore.

Apples and oranges.

Those websites target the end user directly. Different target audience than alibaba.

And yes, you can argue that by posting here they are targeting the end user directly.

And yes, I would agree they could have done a better job of it.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2013 at 02:32 PM ----------

How much for 1?

Your best bet is to email them directly. They posted a contact email earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom