$234 non-stop to Roatan via Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueeyes_austin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to let all my Texas peeps know that TACA has loaded some really cheap fares for their Houston-to-Roatan direct flights next year. Picked up a couple of tickets for April 12-19 for $234.20 each INCLUDING TAXES.

Take A Chance Airline.

As I understand it, TACA is a regional consortium of Central American flag carriers. I've flown them once before (LA-Belize via San Salvador) and they weren't too bad. They've got a bit of a spotty history, but given that this is a direct flight I figure they can't mess it up THAT badly.

And its not like some of their competitors (I'm looking at YOU American Eagle in San Juan) are all that much better!

blueeyes_austin:
As I understand it, TACA is a regional consortium of Central American flag carriers. I've flown them once before (LA-Belize via San Salvador) and they weren't too bad. They've got a bit of a spotty history, but given that this is a direct flight I figure they can't mess it up THAT badly.

And its not like some of their competitors (I'm looking at YOU American Eagle in San Juan) are all that much better!

My daughter was on a TACA "direct" flight from Houston to Costa Rica one morning. After a number of stops, she ended up spending the night in El Salvador without a passport. Made it to Costa Rica the next day.

But I have to admit, my one experience flying with them was excellent.

Or you can fly SAHSA which is Honduran Airline for Stay At Home Stay Alive

awap:
My daughter was on a TACA "direct" flight from Houston to Costa Rica one morning. After a number of stops, she ended up spending the night in El Salvador without a passport. Made it to Costa Rica the next day.

But I have to admit, my one experience flying with them was excellent.

Yeah, we had one of those "direct" flights too, San Pedro Sula to Houston. Went from San Pedro Sula, stop in Tegucigalpa then to San Salvador (El Salavador). Change planes in San Sal., then stop in Belize City before arriving in Houston. The usual 3 hours took about 5 hours. Amazingly, all our luggage made it too.

The thing is, at the airport, the board showed our flight number for Houston, but the destination showed El Sal. and we were confused. Good thing we asked!

Otherwise, TACA was pretty good, planes were nice, people nice, etc. They just don't voluntarily give out what most people consider is important information. You really have to be on top of everything and ask lots of questions.

Then we all sit here and scratch our heads as to why they keep losing luggage.:confused:

-MD

LVX:
what is TACA?

thanks

Started out as the national carrier of El Salvador, now they fly everywhere from West coast , thru Houston, Miami on thru South America...They have personally put 2 other Central American carriers out of business, Tan Shasa(remember them in the 80's & early 90's) & the latter one was sol Air(started by the 'big 3' resorts on Roatan to 'fight' TACA but TACA won)......They'll go back up when they're not trying to put someone out of business....

Other than that, they're a good airline, have flown with them almost 35 times--back in the 'old days'(pre 9-11) they served GREAT onboard meals with FREE hard liquor.........Ah, those were the days.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom