$234 non-stop to Roatan via Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Em_Dee:
Yeah, we had one of those "direct" flights too, San Pedro Sula to Houston. Went from San Pedro Sula, stop in Tegucigalpa then to San Salvador (El Salavador). Change planes in San Sal., then stop in Belize City before arriving in Houston. The usual 3 hours took about 5 hours. Amazingly, all our luggage made it too.

The thing is, at the airport, the board showed our flight number for Houston, but the destination showed El Sal. and we were confused. Good thing we asked!

Otherwise, TACA was pretty good, planes were nice, people nice, etc. They just don't voluntarily give out what most people consider is important information. You really have to be on top of everything and ask lots of questions.

Then we all sit here and scratch our heads as to why they keep losing luggage.:confused:

-MD

Wish I had enough time & space to tell you about our 'fun' with TACA....Have heard & seen nightmares unfold in front of my face with them BUT with 33(I think) trips with them, have never had one piece of luggage delayed or lost by them......IMO, they're a good airline, just very independant........(I think something gets lost in their translation from Spanish to English....lol)

awap:
My daughter was on a TACA "direct" flight from Houston to Costa Rica one morning. After a number of stops, she ended up spending the night in El Salvador without a passport. Made it to Costa Rica the next day.

But I have to admit, my one experience flying with them was excellent.

El Salvador is their 'home' country, alot of the pilots live there & like to spend the nite in their own beds & with their significant others(if you know what I mean).....Many a time the direct Houston flight to Roatan ended up in El Salvador...Wasn't bad, we always got put up in the 5 star Hotel El Salvador, very nice......Great memories of that hotel, all on TACA's expense acct, not bad @ all(but it did cut a day of diving out of Roatan)

chucksaul:
Or you can fly SAHSA which is Honduran Airline for Stay At Home Stay Alive

TACA took care of them......

Cajun, I think they got pulled yesterday. Friend tried to book it and couldn't...checked on the dates we bought and found that they were priced at $530/each now.

Edit: For future reference, it was a Saturday to Saturday HOU-Roatan direct routing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom