Question 2023 Summer Meet Up in South Korea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m also keen on the idea of a face-to-face to meet with any of you gentlemen or the other expat divers in Korea. It would be nice for once to use jargon like “open circuit” in a conversation and everyone be on the same page :drummer:

There’s Gamji Haebyeon Beach in Busan. I personally haven’t dove that site: I’ve done most of my diving on the northern-east coast and Jeju, but it appears to offer easy access to a shore entry and tank rental/fills on site.

Weather granting, I would be happy to meet up most weekdays or weekends from early July to mid-August to do some fun social, recreational diving :snorkel::snorkeler:
What's the visibility like at Gamji Haebyeondae? I did some training at Taejongdae and it was always a muck bowl.

Looks like we may be talking about the same place.

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 9.52.27.png

So the viz is a no-go. Is there any site you would recommend for the July-August period?

Looks like we may be talking about the same place.

View attachment 786821

So the viz is a no-go. Is there any site you would recommend for the July-August period?
Last summer I dived a bunch of places on the East Coast that I really liked. Probably my favourite was Gangneung through Bobos Dive Resort. Just more variety than other places. You can check out my trip report for that. I hope to check out one place I found on the West Coast this summer and dive the East Coast again too. If I can swing it financially & time-wise I may jump on a package trip to an island off the East Coast.

I’m also keen on the idea of a face-to-face to meet with any of you gentlemen or the other expat divers in Korea. It would be nice for once to use jargon like “open circuit” in a conversation and everyone be on the same page :drummer:

There’s Gamji Haebyeon Beach in Busan. I personally haven’t dove that site: I’ve done most of my diving on the northern-east coast and Jeju, but it appears to offer easy access to a shore entry and tank rental/fills on site.

Weather granting, I would be happy to meet up most weekdays or weekends from early July to mid-August to do some fun social, recreational diving :snorkel::snorkeler:
I would agree and diving down south does sound fun! I'm also planning to dive several spots in Namhae this year. I'm fine to do it alone but if anyone is interested in joining that could be super fun also!

Expat Divers in Korea ( facebook group, and legit business now) are probably the first stop.
As mentioned before from my experience their activities are mostly training dives for people doing certifications at the same dive resort over and over. However now that they are a business their website shows an organized dive trip in Saipan! Cool stuff! They may be organizing other fun dives like what we are discussing this year!

I would suggest contacting them first to see what they might have planned. If they are not organizing anything down south, I can coordinate with the local dives shops down there and do all the logistal stuff to get it set up if there is enough interest.

Namhae sounds lit. Alone? At least one buddy :scubadiver: will be lucky enough to accompany you.

I've done most of my diving in Korea with ND Tec Global, the CEO is fluent in English and a very capable diver; but the gents at Expat Divers sound like great guys too. I've come across a lot of good things about Tim online. I'll have to give them a holler sometime soon.

Thanks a lot for offering to help with the logisitics down south. You must be quite familiar with the area, but I would hate to be a burden on your schedule. Me and my friend have managed to scrape by with our broken Korean so far. We'll give it a go down there too.

Divo and I have been tossing the idea around of getting together over coffee one of these days in Seoul and talking scuba. The more the merrier they say...

Namhae sounds lit. Alone? At least one buddy :scubadiver: will be lucky enough to accompany you.

I've done most of my diving in Korea with ND Tec Global, the CEO is fluent in English and a very capable diver; but the gents at Expat Divers sound like great guys too. I've come across a lot of good things about Tim online. I'll have to give them a holler sometime soon.

Thanks a lot for offering to help with the logisitics down south. You must be quite familiar with the area, but I would hate to be a burden on your schedule. Me and my friend have managed to scrape by with our broken Korean so far. We'll give it a go down there too.

Divo and I have been tossing the idea around of getting together over coffee one of these days in Seoul and talking scuba. The more the merrier they say...

To be fair I'm not familiar with any dive shops there. But my Korean is near fluent and its not difficult to get some recommendations for a good dive resort, contact them myself and set everything up. I do it with the dive resort in Gangneung for diving the Stella wreck, and others!I

It's not really a burden on my time, and I'd be happy to do it. I guess the best way is to just plan on going myself and posting about it here to see if others want to join.

Namhae sounds like a real treat. Anyone would be silly not to take you up on that :diver1:

That's pretty awesome you're near fluent. I heard somewhere that Korean is linguistically on the opposite spectrum with English when it comes to languages.

Namhae sounds like a real treat. Anyone would be silly not to take you up on that :diver1:

That's pretty awesome you're near fluent. I heard somewhere that Korean is linguistically on the opposite spectrum with English when it comes to languages.
I just posted about it. Its coming Saturday. You are welcome to join~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom