2022 is here…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's my experience that the visibility overall is not quite as good as Cozumel. Having said that, I've had some bad vis days in coz as well. And the south side of Roatan does often seem to be a bit better than the north. For me, I'm willing to have a bit less but still awesome visibility in exchange for the more laid back vibe of Roatan. But then I also dive almost weekly here at home in the Puget Sound, where a good vis dive is 15'.
Cozumel is better vis, but more topside hustle and bustle. So it really depends on what kind of week Im feeling.

It's my experience that the visibility overall is not quite as good as Cozumel. Having said that, I've had some bad vis days in coz as well. And the south side of Roatan does often seem to be a bit better than the north. For me, I'm willing to have a bit less but still awesome visibility in exchange for the more laid back vibe of Roatan. But then I also dive almost weekly here at home in the Puget Sound, where a good vis dive is 15'.
Cozumel is better vis, but more topside hustle and bustle. So it really depends on what kind of week Im feeling.
Hi, Yes Cozumel is our go to place, and very rarely do we have a low vis day. Usually on just a part of the dive. We wanted to check out Roatan, but we think it’s a one and done. Lot’s of other places to try. It’s really hard to find another Cozumel though, we love that place and the people. I got certified in Puget Sound, you are a hardy soul.

Hi, Yes Cozumel is our go to place, and very rarely do we have a low vis day. Usually on just a part of the dive. We wanted to check out Roatan, but we think it’s a one and done. Lot’s of other places to try. It’s really hard to find another Cozumel though, we love that place and the people. I got certified in Puget Sound, you are a hardy soul.
We love Coz. Spent the first 10-12 years of diving solely traveling there. We decided to explore more of central America, loved Panama the most topside, but the diving was not great. For us the best combined is Roatan. Have considered moving to Roatan. We love the west end area. So low key. Great food, great dive ops, made so many friends there including expats. Everyone knows everyone. We love Coz for all the awesome food choices, and a bit lower cost, and super visibility. Still searching for the best combination of all the above.

CCV Oct 29- Nov 5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom