2021 Bonaire roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're getting closer, may make it this year.
Cleared the first hurdle this morning. Went to Tulsa airport and got our RT-PCR negative results back in about 5 hrs , $125 each.
Next hurdle, 46 minute layover in Atlanta about 9am Wednesday.

We're getting closer, may make it this year.
Cleared the first hurdle this morning. Went to Tulsa airport and got our RT-PCR negative results back in about 5 hrs , $125 each.
Next hurdle, 46 minute layover in Atlanta about 9am Wednesday.

My group is leaving Bonaire on your plane. We all took our antigen tests for the US today.

It’s been pouring rain since this morning. Got in a dive, though. Normally I spend about zero time online on Bonaire.

May 2022 Capt Dons for a trip planned in '19 for May '20.

My group is leaving Bonaire on your plane. We all took our antigen tests for the US today.

It’s been pouring rain since this morning. Got in a dive, though. Normally I spend about zero time online on Bonaire.
OK, we'll try not to trash the plane too much.:nyah:

We make it! Flight to Atlanta was 30 minutes early and flight out to Bonaire was 15 minutes late. There were only like 35 passengers on the Delta flight to Bonaire. So we had great service, bathrooms always had a vacany, people sleeping in their 3 seat beds, etc. Landing, saw American flight was already there, line looked long but it went pretty quick. Luggage was on the carousel but noone was there to pick us up. Took the $17 taxi to Captain Dons and they refunded us cash, they wouldn't go for the $5 tip though.
Resort seems about 50% full although only running one boat today and tomorrow, does seem to be alot of snorklers here though.
Food service people at resort, Zhung Kong grocery and their restaurant are only ones we've seen wearing masks since leaving airport.
Didn't hit the water until 11am but easily got two 90 dives in with 2.5 hr SI in between. Very hot..but good breeze like Lorenzoid mentioned, managed to get a little burn at the pool during SI. First dive north to Cliff, perfect slow current on the way back, didn't have to move a fin. Second dive south past Buddys. Lots of smallish fish plus all the usual, lots of eels, tarpoon, one turtle,etc
Water is a little stired up, barely 82 degrees, and has been cloudy, not good for photogs but the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow.

Couldn't take another year off from Bonaire.

Dec 1 - 15...................Kriet & wife (Dick & Tammy)...........................Delta.................Kings Beach Resort

We weren't able to make to Bonaire this August... :rolleyes:
Good news for ya is weather has been terrible, yesterdays morning boat dive could qualify as a night dive. Lots of rain, dark clouds, windy and cold, just wanted to take a warm shower and put on dry clothes.
But, first 3 days had 3 to 6 people max on boat dives. Today, our last day of boat diving, had 13 divers, but the sun is back out!
Tomorrow, the last day of our 6 day package, is shore diving from Captain Dons then we have a truck rental for the last 3 days for shore diving north and south.

Does anyone have experience with the 48 hour prior to departure testing requirement in the context of travel spanning two days, eg, we are scheduled to leave LA on Friday afternoon and arrive in Miami after midnight and then depart for Bonaire in the morning and arrive Saturday afternoon? I'm wondering if the folks at Bonaire customs would be looking for a test within 48 hours of my Saturday Miami departure or within 48 hours of my Friday afternoon LA departure. I've researched this on the Bonaire websites and it doesn't really answer the question directly, although it mentions something about considering a trip continuous if you stay on the plane or don't leave the airport. Has anyone else dealt with this situation? I'd certainly feel more comfortable getting the testing Wednesday afternoon versus late Thursday morning the day before we depart and can do it free locally versus $200 each at either airport.

September 4+……Rolf and Jodi……Delta……Gooodresort and ?

Back
Top Bottom