2021 Bonaire roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully some good trip reports coming soon. Feel free to add yourself if I missed someone.

When............................Who......................................................Airlines.....................Where staying
June 5-12......................Scubbp................................................ AA............................Divi Flamingo
June 16-26....................Carleymegsmom..................................Delta........................Coral Paradise
June 29 - July 10..........Keesmon and buddies..........................Divi/Jet Blue.............Villa Aventura
June 30-July 7..............TurtleMoye............................................Delta........................Sand Dollar
July 14-21......................nativewannabee and spouse..............AA.............................Bellafonte Hotel
July 14-21.....................Rile and buddy......................................Delta........................VRBO
July ~last week ............Scuba127 ............................................Delta........................?
August ~15-30..............Cpase & wife........................................?...............................?
August 25 - Sept 4........Ray and Pam.......................................Delta.........................Captain Don’s
August 25 - Sept 4........Neenah................................................?...............................Captain Don's
Sept~mid .....................Scuba127 ............................................Delta.........................?
Sept 22-Oct 2...............DustyC and Fiancé...............................AA............................Sand Dollar
Oct 2-9.........................Curious George and buddies................Delta.........................Buddy Dive Tec week
Oct 2-16.......................AdivingBel & wife.................................?.................................Beachcomber Villas
Oct 2-16.......................JustUs Divers.......................................Delta..........................Buddy Dive
Oct 6-20.......................AdivingBel & wife.................................AA..............................Beachcomber Villas
Oct 9-23.......................Griffin....................................................United cancelled.......Captain Don’s
Oct 20-Nov 3................scubadada and Marie..........................AA..............................Den Laman
Nov 13-24.....................Uncfnp with Soloist..............................AA..............................Port Bonaire
Nov 20-27.................... Hethen57 and wife...............................?................................Den Laman
Nov 27..........................Divefans...............................................?.................................OceanScape
Nov 28 - Dec 12...........DiveFans & husband............................United........................Port Bonaire
Dec 11-18.....................Mr and Ms. Manfrenjensenden.............Delta.........................Air bnb
Dec 11-18.....................Mr. & Mrs. RTD.....................................AA............................Den Laman
Dec 18-Jan 1................Cricket Minnesota, wife, and son.........Sun Country..............Sea Dream Bonaire
Dec 20-27.....................Homerdoc and family............................Delta.........................Captain Don's

I hope you have a blast! Looking forward to your trip report. We opted to go to St. Croix this summer so we wouldn't lose our airfare credit and I wouldn't have to take a COVID test to get back home (long story, but my nose bleeds easily and profusely--can manage that at home when I will have to take pre-trip test, but was leery of having to do that and probably starting to gush when away from home/in a foreign country).
Well day one of Diving down good not great. Tropical Storm Else still giving high winds and vis is below average.

Well day one of Diving down good not great. Tropical Storm Else still giving high winds and vis is below average.
Dang! Sorry to hear. I hope the situation improves, but Else definitely complicates the prognosis.

Curious--what kind of test result did you submit to gain entry? (You're welcome to DM me.) According to the St. Croix tourism website, they're even accepting antibody tests. Wondering if anyone on SB has gained entry that way (i.e., with a positive test for antibodies)? We've been planning to get a PCR test, but for various reasons, an antibody test would be better for me.

Dang! Sorry to hear. I hope the situation improves, but Else definitely complicates the prognosis.

Curious--what kind of test result did you submit to gain entry? (You're welcome to DM me.) According to the St. Croix tourism website, they're even accepting antibody tests. Wondering if anyone on SB has gained entry that way (i.e., with a positive test for antibodies)? We've been planning to get a PCR test, but for various reasons, an antibody test would be better for me.
Uff, sorry, forgot we were talking about Bonaire! Nevermind--

PCR we just did it when we landed whole process took 25 mins and $95 per test

My fiance and I are likely out. Turns out being a Healthcare worker in Central Arkansas with Arkansas being ground zero for The Delta Variant explosion is not good for vacation days.

My fiance and I are likely out. Turns out being a Healthcare worker in Central Arkansas with Arkansas being ground zero for The Delta Variant explosion is not good for vacation days.
I am so sorry to hear this. We have had two providers in the office within the last 2 weeks test positive, with symptoms, despite vaccination. One has significant risk factors and is quite ill though not hospitalized. He got the monoclonal antibody infusion 2 days ago.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, we can fill in for others to make up sick days and not use them all up.

Have never stayed at Den Laman but thinking about it for next trip.

I am so sorry to hear this. We have had two providers in the office within the last 2 weeks test positive, with symptoms, despite vaccination. One has significant risk factors and is quite ill though not hospitalized. He got the monoclonal antibody infusion 2 days ago.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, we can fill in for others to make up sick days and not use them all up.

Which unit are you staying in at Port Bonaire?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom