2019 Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's almost time for the 2019 Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show! Yes, this show includes more than just scuba, but there is a huge area devoted to the dive industry including dive travel. Lots of dive shops,resorts and LOBs are expected to be represented.

Anybody else going?

All S
It's almost time for the 2019 Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show! Yes, this show includes more than just scuba, but there is a huge area devoted to the dive industry including dive travel. Lots of dive shops,resorts and LOBs are expected to be represented.

Anybody else going?

All Star Liveaboards will be there! Come check out our booth and new promotions! All Star Liveaboards - A World of Diving Adventures

All S

All Star Liveaboards will be there! Come check out our booth and new promotions! All Star Liveaboards - A World of Diving Adventures
My last trip on an Allstar Liveaboards boat (the Aquacat) was an adventure to say the least. Tropical Storm Philipe came through and instead of leaving Hurricane Hole pre-dawn on the Sunday morning like normal, we set sail as soon as the last guest was on board. We headed south to the Exumas Marine park hoping to put as much distance between us and the storm as possible. The first day, vis was 0. It was like diving in milk. There were "issues" with the NITROX all week and it rarely if ever got above 30%. There was a problem with the fresh water generator and we were without fresh water one morning. On top of all that, the boat slipped its mooring on one dive (the Austin Smith Wreck) and drifted away.

Each of these "events" were handled professionally by the crew and as I said, the trip became an adventure that left me with some good stories.

Hi Hoag,
We sincerely appreciate you being honest about your experience with All Star Liveaboards. I wish the weather would've been more cooperative and I'm glad the events were handled in a professional manner by the crew. I hope you consider diving with us again! :)

Hi Hoag,
We sincerely appreciate you being honest about your experience with All Star Liveaboards. I wish the weather would've been more cooperative and I'm glad the events were handled in a professional manner by the crew. I hope you consider diving with us again! :)

My Wife and I have been looking at Aquacat as our first liveaboard trip. We'll be stopping by at the show to say hi.

Hi Hoag,
If I do, it will probably not be on the Aquacat. Not because of a bad experience, but rather because I have done 5 trips on her and it might be time to try someplace other than the Bahamas.

My Wife and I have been looking at Aquacat as our first liveaboard trip. We'll be stopping by at the show to say hi.
I have been on the Aquacat 5 times, including the trip mentioned above. Stuff happens. It just seemed that a lot of stuff happened on that particular trip. I really do think she is a great Liveabaord and the crew has always been great. Plus there is the advantage that both Air Canada and WestJet fly non stops YYZ-NAS.

Another option for your first LOB that you might want to consider is the Turks and Caicos Explorer. (Again, from a logistics point of view, both Air Canada & WestJet fly non stop YYZ to Provo.) TCI tends to have healthier reefs, and they tend to be very "sharkey". You will see Caribbean Reef Sharks almost every day. Explorer Ventures are also planning to have a booth at the show. Be sure to check them out.

I think that either the Aquacat or the Turks and Caicos Explorer II would be a very good first LOB.

Hi Decopus,

We look forward to meeting you both and appreciate your business with All Star Liveaboards :) The Aqua Cat is a 7-night luxury dive liveaboard experience offering 26 dives with 4 night dives, eco-adventures including snorkeling, paddleboarding, feeding native iguanas, and swimming with ingenious pigs. Even non-divers can enjoy our liveaboard because we offer land excursions and allow our non-diving customers to just relax, read, and sunbathe on board the Aqua Cat. Please feel free to call our office to check Aqua Cat availability at 800-327-9600. https://allstarliveaboards.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/All-Star-Aqua-Cat.pdf

I have been on the Aquacat 5 times, including the trip mentioned above. Stuff happens. It just seemed that a lot of stuff happened on that particular trip. I really do think she is a great Liveabaord and the crew has always been great. Plus there is the advantage that both Air Canada and WestJet fly non stops YYZ-NAS.

Another option for your first LOB that you might want to consider is the Turks and Caicos Explorer. (Again, from a logistics point of view, both Air Canada & WestJet fly non stop YYZ to Provo.) TCI tends to have healthier reefs, and they tend to be very "sharkey". You will see Caribbean Reef Sharks almost every day. Explorer Ventures are also planning to have a booth at the show. Be sure to check them out.

I think that either the Aquacat or the Turks and Caicos Explorer II would be a very good first LOB.
Hi Hoag,

We also offer LOB trips to British Virgin Islands, Indonesia, and the Philippines. We recently added a new vessel too called Velocean. It will disembark for the first time in late February 2020. This vessel will be the most luxurious LOB in the world and offer trips to Raja Ampat, Wakatobi, Komodo, Banda Sea, Forgotten Island etc. Indonesia is part of the Coral Triangle and home to the world's greatest diversity of coral and reef fish. More information about this new vessel will be posted on All Star Liveaboards soon! It's certainly worth checking out.

We'll be in Turks in May. Staying at Beaches. Diving is included in the cost and my Wife gets pretty good rates being a travel agent. I'm hoping to see my first shark on this trip although I'm sure there will be less than you would see on a liveaboard.

Hi Decopus, my wife and I were in Provo 8 years ago swimming, snorkelling to the west of Beaches and saw a few sharks. My sense is that they were use to people given that they minded their own business. Ps- I'm moving to London in the summer and hope to tag with a group of divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom