Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show is just around the corner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Toronto Outdoor Adventure show is coming up later this month (24-26 Feb) and as previous ones, it will be held at the International Center on Airport Road.

Last year, as we were coming out of the worst part of the pandemic, it was pretty quiet, and as far as I remember, it was cancelled in 2021. Hopefully, this year it will be back the way it used to be (including a huge section devoted to diving and dive travel).

Scuba & Caribbean Adventures Stage schedule

A memory from when life as we knew it ended....

1675874852269.jpeg

We were a few weeks out from making our 4th trip there (Curacao and a week with The Dive Bus crew) in three years.... Saying "Hi" in advance.

Ironically, it is this week I have finally gotten COVID.....

This show sounds dangerous to my wallet for several reason. I'll have to bookmark it for 2024 (can't make it this year).

This show sounds dangerous to my wallet for several reason. I'll have to bookmark it for 2024 (can't make it this year).
Oh, it absolutely can be dangerous to the wallet. There is no doubt about that. It requires discipline to leave there with the same credit rating that you entered the show with. It not only has a large Dive/Dive Travel section, there are also reps there for everything from Photo Safaris in Africa to The 5 National Parks in the State of Utah to White Water Rafting on the Ottawa River.

It is, however amazing for the way that it gathers representatives from so many outdoor industries into a single show.

I will be going today. If you see an old dude wearing a t-shirt that says "Shark Junkie" on the front, come over & say "Hi". (But remember, I am an old dude, so make sure you say you saw this post on Scubaboard or you might just get a blank stare as I search my memory for how/when/where we know each other.):rofl3:

Well, I went to the show yesterday & was with a friend who not only doesn't dive, but, as it turns out, has absolutely ZERO interest in diving so I didn't get to spend nearly as much time in the Scuba and Dive Travel section as I wanted. As a result, many of the booths that I was hoping to stop in and say "Hi", I did not see, so I don't know if they weren't there, or if I just missed them. I am hoping to go again on Sunday (by myself) so I will have more time to spend looking at and talking with the folks I want to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom