2011 Trip - anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Michelle and I are in the early stages of planning a trip on the Aqua Cat liveaboard in the Bahamas, sometime in 2011. While this will not be an official CASA club trip (unless the dive & travel committee is interested in getting involved), we would welcome anyone who cares to join us. Dates have not yet been set, as we have just decided on the destination.

If you are interested, please respond in this thread or send me a private message, and I will start putting together a list.

Thanks!

Depending on the dates and such, I might be interested. Question though, as never been on a liveaboard, is there anything for non-divers to do since my wife will not swim with the fishes. We can talk at tonight's meeting as well. thanks for the offer.

Pete

I have been on a liveaboard before, but not this particular liveaboard or this destination. Here is what I know:

The Aqua Cat goes to a chain of islands in the Bahamas called Exuma. This is a stretch of about 350 mostly uninhabited islands southeast of Nassau. The boat has a 28' launch to take snorkelers closer to shore or drop passengers off on deserted white sand beaches to lounge around. There are a few shore excursions which are included in the trip to play with iguanas or hike trails on some of the islands. From what I hear, Exuma has pristine diving, but also has outstanding snorkeling. The boat itself is 102 ft long and 35' wide, and can accomodate anywhere from 22-30 passengers.

Please feel free to nose around their website... Aqua Cat Cruises Scuba Diving Bahamas Liveaboard

Depending on the dates and such, I might be interested. Question though, as never been on a liveaboard, is there anything for non-divers to do since my wife will not swim with the fishes. We can talk at tonight's meeting as well. thanks for the offer.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom