2010 Zeagle Wicked Ranger vs Scubapro Glide Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scooba J

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey fellow divers,

I'm new to this site, in fact, I registered to specifically ask for advice on this topic. I'm a new DM looking to get my instructor cert in the coming year and I am trying to accumulate some reliable gear. I've been browsing online and have found two really good used BCDs that are still in very good shape.

The Zeagle Wicked Ranger and the Scubapro Glide Pro.

I've managed to haggle both sellers down to the same price, and am now presented with the luxury of deciding which of the two I would prefer. The only thing is I don't have any experience with either BCDs, and I've mostly only used the rentals from the dive shop I was doing my DM training at.

I'm currently leaning towards the Zeagle - it's a bit uglier, in my opinion, it is grey and has some tribal markings on it, BUT I know Zeagle is a very respectable brand and it would allow me to branch into twins eventually if I desired. The Glide Pro is more stylish, and I'm sure it's great quality as well.

Any insight or input the community may have for me would be greatly appreciated! I've been pursuing these boards for the past couple months and the discussions are always very insightful. If it's helpful I can post links to the pages, or post some photos if people want to see the exact models in question.

Thanks, and all the best!

Scooba J

A Glidepro is a jacket-style, the Ranger back-inflate. Most people eventually buy the latter as IMO it trims better.

I have a Rahger and by splitting my weight 60/40 can get pretty precise control. I've only tried a jacket a couple times but they seem better to float you vertical at the surface.

Ranger's are solid - mine is about 14 now and the only thing I've ever changed is the inflator since I wanted the BX inflator to make it easier to flush.

Ypu'll never get it in a carry-on though...lol

A Covert is a less featured rravel version of a Ranger jacket with a smaller wing - maybe you've seen some of them used since they intro'd the new Covert XL. Or if you see a Brigade - that's a Ranger jacket with a smaller Zeagle wing - made for Scubatoys exclusively.

On the off chance that you see a Scubapro Seahawk - I see them used by DM's due to the pocket size. I'm not sure they still make it though.

Back
Top Bottom