2010 Spring Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax, and others:

There is no "guest list." When you arrive at Ginnie, just make it clear to the staff that you are there for the Scubaboard Megadive. If you do not do that, they won't know to give you our special rate. Do not tell them your name and that you have a "reservation" or are on a "guest list" or whatnot, you'll confuse them. When you walk up, they'll ask if you are there for the day or for camping (atleast, that's what they should/usually ask) and you can respond with "I'm here for the Scubaboard Megadive, and I am going to ________________" The blank could be
-dive but not camp
-camp but not dive
-hang out with them, but I'm not diving or camping
-hunt down those river otters and see if they'll let me join their gang

If you are camping or diving, there are various forms to fill out. You will need your scuba certification card and photo id. No one under 12 can dive, no matter what. Under 18 needs a PARENT there, or the parents must fill out a notarized form to send with the minor. Minors cannot camp without their legal guardian there. All of this information is on the Ginnie website, along with all their other list of rules.

Facebook event is located here:
Spring Megadive Facebook Event

[edit]: For whatever reason, the FB event did mention a "guest list"...not sure why I wrote that when I created the event :D Edited it to better explain to people how to get in with our discount.

Sounds like fun. I wish I could go but me and the wife r going to be in the Bahamas muaahahahahaha. lol jk hope you guys have fun

Thanks for the clarification - we'll be there!!

So, is anyone interested in getting a keg for the megadive? If so, what is your preference?

So, is anyone interested in getting a keg for the megadive? If so, what is your preference?

captain_morgan.gif

I should have specified what is your BEER preference

HEY , WHAT'S WITH DAT CAPTAIN MORGAN THINGIE???!!!!

Gads , you kids :D

Of course , if there wasnt drink around , I know many people would have a hissy fit. (RUM spelled backwards is SALT???!!!)

Mania: SO SORRY !!! (sniff) In my prayers you are.

Beano Baggins

P.S. The rivers are still slowly dropping around here , so the water should be nice and clear. I haven't dove Ginnie all spring , but I am sure there will be some nice pics to be had of tanic water etc... I hope I can remember where dem holes in da ground are ... (EEK)

Also , working in Chi'town these days... Makes me REALLY APPRECIATE Florida when I come back home on the weekends.

I can still edit...

I think we've steered away from kegs for fear that someone might mistake it for tank...there are a lot of drunks in that park at night...

EDIT- Any clarity reports for drift dive conditions? Water temps...aside from the spring temps...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom