2010 Spring Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add more to the fray...
I belong to a "Meetup" Scuba group that is interested in joining us.

OK, reading done,... notes,... trebuchet needs to be rebuilt, but ammo tests now include marshmallows and gelatin. A suggestion was made last year for very cold ice cream.
The rum tote is under arrest but may get a weekend pass out of confinement.
The weekend of April 16-18 seems ok for me. Nothing going on that I am aware of. JahJah, see if we can set that date in the books for the roost area. I have possession of a 4.5 acre tract of land ten miles from Ginnie. It has limited facilities and I am trying to lock the owner into financing, until I can get some repairs done and pay them off. If this works out, October's megadive may be campable offsite. Let me know so I can get the deposit in for the roost. See y'all in April!!!

Scubajenny-- what meetup group? Lake Mary scuba club is interested. If I get motivated, I'll make posters and send them to local dive shops. I'd love to see more people join the scubaboard family!

it all sounds good so far!

having new folks will be fun...<malicious hand-rubbing>

Hey all, looks like we took too long, Turkey Roost is gone :(

We've got three options:
1- Dogwood. We can have the entire are afrom dogwood to ginnie point (ballroom area) and there is a pavilion, but it's all walk-to sites. We'd park in the ballroom parking lot and the dogwood parking lot. Real pretty area, though, very pretty.

2- Beavers landing. We can have it all, from the Eye side to wherever we need. We'd have to walk to the pavilion, but we can park at our sites. It's long and skinny, and I'd prefer Dogwood

3- Turkey Roost is open the next weekend, but that is right before finals week and I won't be able to make it.

Let me know what you all are thinking, Cathy is waiting to hear back from me tomorrow.

Bummer on the roost Jah Jah. Soooo..whats worse for everybody, walk to the Pavilion for meals, or walk to the campsite with camp/dive gear? The Beavers landing sounds more apropo for our group drift dives, and since we arent always at the pavilion....

My vote tends to lean towards the beaver area. Also, thanks for the offer Jah Jah, but the wife wants to wait until this summer to get him certed so the classes do not interfere with his school stuff.

HEY KEN!!!! Great to see you around again. The otters were talking smack about ya. Said you weren't man enough to wear a kilt.

I'll take a trip out to Ginnie tomorrow to look around before I throw my vote in the hat. After all the trial and error stuff we've been through to get a site that worx for us, I'm kind of biased towards the roost. I do agree that we don't do much with the pavillion. I prefer someplace where the divers don't have to lug gear so far, or camping stuff.
As for the otters, I make sporrans from their hides and where them against my ****, you think they got anything to talk about? Filthy furbags! I might even make a kilt liner from the little snits!

jah jah, its the Gold Coast Scuba Meetup. Mostly locals to this area.

here is an image of Ginnie springs and the areas suggested..
Map.gif

I kinda like Beaver landing. The pavillion is nice, but we only use it once on Saturdays.. and we have to haul everything there anyways...

Looking at the map, I'm inclined toward Beaver Landing as well. We'll be upstream from all the tubers, but won't have people randomly walking through our camp either.

Thanks for posting the map, Jenny, I had to run to catch a free movie showing.

Ken, if you go by, ask for Cathy and tell her who you are if the doesn't recognize you. They should give you a visitor pass to get in free to scout the place out, and she can give you a map with areas circle and all. If you make a reservation, draw on the map exactly how much you want reserved so you can make it clear to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom