2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah... teams that think they are great usually never have to play hard playing teams in the SEC.

And to think that Cincinnati thought it should be playing for the National Championship?

I mean they are negative 5 yards tonight for rushing :shocked2:

BTW.... since my last post... Florida scored again.

it's 37-3 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
If the Bearcats had played any SEC schedule they would be 6-6, maybe 7-5 at best.

Florida just scored again. I think it's 153 to 17 now. I lost track.

I'm getting really tired of the commentary babel though.... It's like they have nothing to talk about .....

Two things occurred to me during the Sugar Bowl:

- Florida may have gotten shellacked by Alabama, but they are still a really, really good team. I am not sure if Alabama are really that good (as in, that much better than a really good team), or whether it was just one of those days in college football, but I can think of any number of years when this Gators team wins a national title. The Bearcats will end up ranked about #12 or so, which is about where they are. I think they just had no answers for a truly elite team.

- I really agreed with what the commentators said: Tim Tebow is just a good kid, who has always tried to do the right thing, and he just did not deserve the negativity that was heaped on him this year. Everyone else built him up and then tried to knock him down. He was just a good person trying to play college football. I wish him all the best with the challenges ahead at the next level.

Two things occurred to me during the Sugar Bowl:

- Florida may have gotten shellacked by Alabama, but they are still a really, really good team. I am not sure if Alabama are really that good (as in, that much better than a really good team), or whether it was just one of those days in college football, but I can think of any number of years when this Gators team wins a national title. The Bearcats will end up ranked about #12 or so, which is about where they are. I think they just had no answers for a truly elite team.

I agree that Florida got shell-shocked (or shellacked) by Alabama and it woke them up. They are a good team. But they clearly went into Atlanta thinking they had it made.

The same thing happened to Alabama against unranked Auburn. Auburn was expected to get creamed by the Tide. however, Bama got shellshocked by Auburn. Auburn almost won. I think it was a good eye opener for them not to get complacent before going to the SEC Championship.

- I really agreed with what the commentators said: Tim Tebow is just a good kid, who has always tried to do the right thing, and he just did not deserve the negativity that was heaped on him this year. Everyone else built him up and then tried to knock him down. He was just a good person trying to play college football. I wish him all the best with the challenges ahead at the next level.

he also said that the media as partly to blame for that also since they gave him much more coverage than others. (at least one media commentator admitted to it.)

Tebow played great last night. He was deserving of being game MVP

At least we don't have to face Tebow anymore! He seems to be a great guy, and role model for kids.

At least we don't have to face Tebow anymore!

not so fast.... lets say if Tebow doesn't go pro, which is a possibility.

He's already won a scholarship for grad school.

Anyway, if he doesn't go pro, and doesnt work as part of an assistant coaching staff, you can bet that ESPN is going to hire him has an "analyst" for some show. To give his opinion on how other players shore up, etc...

I doubt we'll see him disappearing no matter where he goes.

He seems to be a great guy, and role model for kids.

agreed. He's better role model than most of the rest of the players combined.

Some team will be willing to give him a chance (probably Jax). So, I don't think we will be seeing him behind an analysts desk just yet. I agree with most that he is all wrong for the NFL at face value but how can you bet against him. If it is possible, at all, for him to be successful in the NFL he will find the way.

first off, check out the last video below... it's effin hilarious....

I wondered that also. Three hours. To me that was abusive of the coach from a professional standpoint. I mean I can't lock someone I'm in charge of at work in a room for 3 hours. (or I would have done it already!)

Here's what I've seen in media reports.

1.) Adam James had a concussion diagnosed by the team doctor
2.) Mike Leach looked him in a storage room for three hours (see below) and second occasion in a different room
3.) Leach didn't think he did anything wrong and refused to apologize
4.) several players stated that Adam James did not have a good work ethic.
5.) Apparently he was locked in the room not once, but twice.
6.) The university fired him a few days before they would have had to pay a $800,000 bonus if he was still coach on Dec 31, per his contract.
7.) Adam James was smart enough to use his cell phone to video himself in the room he was confined to. (which was prob pretty damning against his coach (see video below)).

This is also the same coach that forbid players from having Twitter accounts after a player 'tweeted' something negative about the coach being late for team meeting and they had to sit in the room waiting on him.

from Texas Tech Red Raiders suspend coach Mike Leach for Valero Alamo Bowl - ESPN

other references:

Craig James on Texas Tech Investigation - SportsCenter.com

Leach's failure to apologize to James family led to his suspension - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Video's

In this video, he turned the lights on real quick to shoot the room and quickly turned them back out. (as he was put in the room in the dark).
[youtubehq]dZqvajnhZDU[/youtubehq]

video footage by the media of the rooms he was confined in
[youtubehq]l5Q_5nYwWLU[/youtubehq]

and this one here.... is just too effin' funny not to include :rofl3:

[youtubehq]VqYbKWW9vZI[/youtubehq]

Great post Mikey! Sorry for the delay....

Some team will be willing to give him a chance (probably Jax). So, I don't think we will be seeing him behind an analysts desk just yet. I agree with most that he is all wrong for the NFL at face value but how can you bet against him. If it is possible, at all, for him to be successful in the NFL he will find the way.

I don't think he'll be a full time analyst... more of a person they bring in for certain games or interviews.

Someone else I know thinks that Jacksonville will try to get him, if nothing else just to try to fill the seats as they have the worst attendance in the NFL.

Great post Mikey! Sorry for the delay....

did you watch the game the other night? The commentators spent more time talking about Leach and father son Adam and Craig James and the situation than they did the game. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom