2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All nice comments about my school and top player. Do any of you see Tebow playing another position in the NFL? If so, which?

I am guessing he will play about 3-4 years as an unspectactular NFL quarterback before becoming either a coaching assistant or colour commentator. I see a lot of parallels with Gino Torretta.

He is actually a better passer than people give him credit for; if he was slightly worse, he might transition to tight end, where I think he could be a good one. But I suspect he will go in about the 6th round and stick it out as a QB. It will be really weird for him actually lining up under centre.

I am guessing he will play about 3-4 years as an unspectactular NFL quarterback before becoming either a coaching assistant or colour commentator. I see a lot of parallels with Gino Torretta.

He is actually a better passer than people give him credit for; if he was slightly worse, he might transition to tight end, where I think he could be a good one. But I suspect he will go in about the 6th round and stick it out as a QB. It will be really weird for him actually lining up under centre.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. You never know, his career could be interesting.

Did you watch the game the other night? The commentators spent more time talking about Leach and father son Adam and Craig James and the situation than they did the game. :shakehead:

I was playing on the computer as must as I was watching the game but you are right. When they were not discussing that situation they were fixated on Tebow's throwing hitch. Good thing they brought in that highly regarded quarterback coach from Michigan to get him ready for the NFL. :idk:

does it ever stop?

I mean what makes these dumb ass players who've got it made with a free college education make them go out and try to act like gang-bangers?

Four Tennessee Players Arrested

1/01/2010 3:31 PM ET

Four Tennessee men's basketball players were arrested at a traffic stop Friday and face weapon and drug charges, FanHouse has confirmed.

The players, Tyler Smith, Cameron Tatum, Brian Williams and Melvin Goins were arrested at a traffic stop around noon Friday.

According to the Knoxville Police Department, the officers smelled marijuana coming from the car at and found a handgun with an altered serial number, a bag of marijuana and an open container of alcohol upon searching.

Tatum, who was driving, was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and having an open container of alcohol. Smith was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm with an altered serial number, which is a felony. Goins and Williams both face gun and drug possession charges.

Marijuana and a single gun were found inside the car.

Tennessee issued a brief statement on the situation from head coach Bruce Pearl.

"We take these matters very seriously," Pearl said. "We are still gathering information. Once the appropriate authorities have provided us with all of the facts, we will act accordingly."

The arrests come one day after the Vols knocked off in-state rival Memphis 66-59 on the road and could prove costly for the 14th-ranked team.

Smith,the team's second-leading scorer at 11.7 points per game, has started all 12 games this season. Tatum started five. All four players are among Tennessee's top eight in minutes played.

The arrests are the latest black eye for Tennessee's most visible men's programs. Two football players, Nu'Keese Richardson and Mike Edwards, were charged with armed robbery in November. Both Richardson and Edwards were dismissed by coach Lane Kiffin.

The Volunteers next game is Wednesday against UNC-Charlotte at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Can you say lack of institutional control? I believe Tenn athletes acquire more felony arrests as compared to those receiving diplomas lately. :shakehead:

Tennessee is now saying that they are going to forbid athletes from owning firearms. They currently don't allow them on campus, but now are going to forbid total ownership.

That should make the 2nd Amendment folks unhappy (with good reason)

Tennessee is now saying that they are going to forbid athletes from owning firearms. They currently don't allow them on campus, but now are going to forbid total ownership.

That should make the 2nd Amendment folks unhappy (with good reason)

Should make convenience store owners happy. :rofl3:

Good Afternoon...and Roll Tide! I am currently very sad as several of my family members are in flight to Pasadena at the moment and I'm not there! Oh well...I'll watch the big game from the comfort of my couch with drink in hand. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom