2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's week 7 rankings

AP Top 25
RK TEAM

1 Florida - no change from last week.
2 Alabama - Up from #3 last week
3 Texas
4 Virginia Tech
5 Boise State
6 USC
7 Ohio State
8 Cincinnati
9 Miami (FL)
10 LSU - drop from #4 last week after defeat against Florida
11 Iowa
12 TCU
13 Oregon
14 Penn State
15 Nebraska
16 Oklahoma State
17 Kansas
18 Brigham Young
19 Georgia Tech
20 Oklahoma
21 South Florida
22 South Carolina - up from #25 last week
23 Houston
24 Utah
25 Notre Dame

* Dropped from rankings: Auburn , Mississippi

Well I fully expected Auburn to be dropped after their embarassing performance against Arkansas. Mississippi also with their 2nd loss.

Gator 2009 Football Schedule

When | The Victim | Where | Current Rank | Outcome
Sat Sep 5|Charleston Southern|The Swamp!|NR (Big South)| WIN! 62-3
Sat Sep 12|Troy|The Swamp!|NR (Sunbelt)| WIN! 56-6
Sat Sep 19|Tennessee| The Swamp!|NR (SEC)| WIN! 23-10
Sat Sep 26|at Kentucky|Lexington, KY|NR (SEC)| WIN! 41-7
Sat Oct 10|at LSU|Baton Rouge, LA|4 (SEC)| WIN! 13-3
Sat Oct 17|Arkansas (HC)|The Swamp! |NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 24|at Mississippi State|Starkville, MS|NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 31|vs Georgia|Jacksonville, FL |NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 7| Vanderbilt|The Swamp!|NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 14|at South Carolina|Columbia, SC|22 (SEC)|
Sat Nov 21|Florida International|The Swamp!|NR (SunBelt)|
Sat Nov 28|Florida State|The Swamp!|NR (Atlantic Coast)|
Sat Dec 5|SEC West Champ|Ga Dome|2??? SEC Champ Game|

Unless Georgia gets a "second wind", Florida doesn't have any competition on it's schedule until Dec 5th. Looks like that will be either Bama or a LSU rematch at this point.

I hope the Gators are not looking past Arkansas. This game reminds me of the Mississippi game last year - I think Arkansas plays up to the competition and the Gators will need to play their "A" game...

...I agree that UGA fans have to be disappointed this year. They really underperformed today.

The VOLS actually putting their game together helped! :D

I hope the Gators are not looking past Arkansas. This game reminds me of the Mississippi game last year - I think Arkansas plays up to the competition and the Gators will need to play their "A" game...
We just had our lowest scoring game of the season. I don't think the Gators were too happy with their offence. Their D was big and their offence was adequate. I really want to watch this game!!!

We just had our lowest scoring game of the season. I don't think the Gators were too happy with their offence. Their D was big and their offence was adequate. I really want to watch this game!!!

I'm surprised that someone didn't have a satellite dish at Vortoberfest to watch the game.

When I was coming a couple years ago, I was gong to try to bring one just for that purpose! :thumb:

Hey, it was VORTOBERFEST. I was there to dive and socialize and did not want to be distracted by the game.

Unless Georgia gets a "second wind", Florida doesn't have any competition on it's schedule until Dec 5th. Looks like that will be either Bama or a LSU rematch at this point.

Don't forget FSU. Playing like dog-do right now, but if they play like they showed against Miami and BYU, it would be imprudent to overlook them.

That's college football for you - any given Saturday.

Georgia and FSU always have the potential to screw us up and they have more motivation than anyone after eating a LOT of Gator inspired humble pie recently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom