2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone, "Yuck it up". We suck, we knew it starting this year, and didn't expect much this year; but so far, we have held our own against a couple good teams, and no one has really put us completely away until the end. Give us a Quarterback from just about any other SEC team and the Vols are undefeated this year. Think about that; either we are alot better than most give credit for, or the rest are over-rated. A couple years from now and Tn. will be Fine!:)

I thought that Tenn played pretty well against Florida.

If they'd played that way last night,they might could have beaten Auburn.

I thought that Tenn played pretty well against Florida.

If they'd played that way last night,they might could have beaten Auburn.

Ain't it the truth! It's really frustrating watching them play good the first couple possesions, then hit the basement, just to rally too little too late to make it a game. :shakehead:
Still, I love my VOLS!

Well the Vols offense is pretty much just one back

Their defense lacked last night also. Doesn't say much for the expectations of Monte Kiffin and the D he was expected to bring
Posted via Mobile Device

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS

1 Florida - no change from last week (did not play this week)
2 Texas
3 Alabama - no change from last week
4 LSU - no change from last week
5 Virginia Tech
6 Boise State
7 USC
8 Cincinnati
9 Ohio State
10 TCU
11 Miami (FL)
12 Iowa
13 Oregon
14 Penn State
15 Oklahoma State
16 Kansas
17 Auburn - unranked until this week
18 Brigham Young
19 Oklahoma
20 Mississippi - was #21 last week.
21 Nebraska
22 Georgia Tech
23 South Florida
24 Missouri
25 South Carolina - unranked last week

6 teams from the SEC on the AP Top 25 this week. :thumb:

not sure how Mississippi went from #21 last week to #20 this week? :confused: I mean they lost to previously unrankedSouth Carolina and went up in rankings? huh?'

Auburn entered the rankings this week at #17. I was thinking they'd come in at #20 or #21.

previously #18 Georgia was dropped from the rankings after being defeated by LSU for the 2nd loss of the season.

South Carolina just squeezed onto the board at spot #25

Wow... this is WAY unprecedented for Florida. I don't think we've held this many #1 spots for two seasons combined.

previously #18 Georgia was dropped from the rankings after being defeated by LSU for the 2nd loss of the season.

I never really understand that. You lose a squeaker to the #4 team in the country, and you get dumped right out of the polls? Little bit harsh.

I never really understand that. You lose a squeaker to the #4 team in the country, and you get dumped right out of the polls? Little bit harsh.

well it was their second loss..... I'm sure that's why they were dumped

what doesn't make sense is Mississippi going up in the polls after a loss.

I think they could have won that game... The Dawg fans that I know were unhappy with their team.

Interesting that Boise State have started to slide down the table (despite a win). I reckon the voters suddenly woke up and collectively said: "Dang! Florida, Alabama and LSU all have to play each other! If we are not careful, these guys might get to play for the National Championship!"

Back
Top Bottom