2009 in Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This year I've tried to do a more diverse bunch of dives rather than the same damn beach dive over and over (which is great because it's close and free).

I did some new (to me) wrecks, including:

Star of Scotland off Santa Monica (one failed attempt back in Jan, two successful awesome scooter dives in November),
Cape Charles and PC-815 off San Diego (on the former I logged my coldest bottom temperature to date of 40.6°F/4.8°C, and ordered drygloves immediately after),
Georgia Straights and Jenny Lynne off Long Beach,

as well as hitting some familiar and favored sites (Palawan off Redondo Beach numerous times, Moody off San Pedro, etc).

I finally made it on the Oil Rigs (Eureka).

Did some dives off the park in Catalina.

Became involved with a project to remove discarded fishing nets from our local wrecks (oceandefenders.org), and got a good start on the 150' Caissons and cleaned off the aforementioned Georgia Straights (both in the San Pedro bay).

After multiple delays, I finally took my first overhead classes (UTD Overhead Protocols and Wreck Penetration 1), and did six awesome dives on (and in) the Yukon down in San Diego.

Did some cool long one-bottle scooter shore dives.

Most importantly I met a new group of passionate, considerate and fun divers who mesh very well with my established group. I look forward to the future of local diving with all of you, and if you're reading this, you know who you are.

All in all, it's been a good year, and I'm starting off 2010 the right way with my first dive vacation (Jan 1, Cozumel here I come).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom