2008 Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davec43

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at buying my first BC or BP/W and I've read a lot of great reviews about the 2008 model that ProDiveScuba is offering? Any opinions on this deal?

Which one exactly are you looking at? I couldn't find any BP/W packages on the ProDiveScuba website.

I don't think it's listed on that site, but I'd certainly be considering the Zeagle Express Tech. If I didn't already have a BP/W I'd certainly be considering it.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...h-first-last-bc-most-will-ever-need-want.html
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleExpressTechDeluxe

Is there anywhere near where you dive to rent a few different models and styles to try? Have you dived in a jacket BCD, back inflate BCD and a BP/W?
They all feel quite different to dive in and might help make up your mind by either deciding what you do want, or at least what you don't want.

I learned how to dive in a jacket BCD but have read by many people on this site how the BP/W is the only way to go. I like the Express Tech, looks simple enough.

This is actually the BCD that caught my eye. Zeagle Closeout package includes a 2008 Ranger Limited BC with Octo-Z, and a Flathead XP Regulator; both of these products are top of the line, and favorates of the staff here at Pro Dive SCUBA for 870.

I want to buy some equipment and don't want to spend to much but I don't want to buy something I'll grow out of and have to buy all over again if that makes any sense?

I'm unfamiliar with those particular products so can't really comment.

I'd certainly at least check out some BP/W setups (and dive one, if possible). Can adapt to any type of diving you do without having to replace the entire thing.

I've been looking at Some Dive Rite Back plates and if I do go this route I'll probably end up getting a stainless steel BP.

I was also thinking about just getting an extremely cheap BCD as an alternative to trying to build my own.

Any opinions?

Zeagle does sell an optional backplate that you can integrate into the Ranger system. It's shown on their website. It would be useful if you ever plan to dive doubles. I think I've read you can also take the wing off the Ranger and use it separately with their BP.

I've dove a Ranger LTD for about 7 years now. Had to replace an inflator once ($40) but that may have been my fault. (improper cleaning) Other than that it's been bullet-proof. Does the pkg. include the BX Inflator? It makes flushing the BC simple as it unscrews and hooks to a garden hose.

For warm water/travel diving, I'm getting an Express Tech - maybe the deluxe model. Add on pockets are $50 extra so the whole thing is about $350 - I haven't priced it through Scubatoys yet so it may be lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom