2008 Calendar Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girldiverllc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So, I'm sitting in my office (the one where I earn my living...not GirlDiver Worldwide Headquarters...) looking at the calendar on my wall. It's of fish. Northwest fish...in the water where I dive. But, fish nonetheless.

On the front of the calendar is a spectacular picture of two divers on the surface of the water with the Seattle skyline in the background. That brings the warm fuzzy feeling to me, as I reminisce about surfacing at that dive site. But the still picture of the random fish that fill the actual calendar...yeah, not so much. Every diver who has a camera is sending me pics of fish. Personally, I like lifestyle pics...divers doing what divers do. I guess I'm not into random nature shots on land either...but love the black and whites of real people in real conditions.

I'm meeting with a photographer/printer to explore putting a GirlDiver calendar together for 2008. What do other GirlDivers want on their walls?? What is going to visually allow you to escape to the underwater world without ever leaving your cubicle???

i think you should do an H2Andy calendar ... a different speedo every month of the year

i think women will go crazy over it, and we'll make a million

nahhhh - too much Andy

we got DIE, Carlos, CoolTech then the MOF'ers to spread the months around

seriously... i like a mixture of tropical reef with lots of pretty fishies and some macros. I was looking at some footage on the weekend of Tanya S doing 100+ft freediving on a wreck with rebreather divers... that was pretty awesome also

just not the skinny-mini model in a bikini pics.... please

Almitywife...

I've thought about the "fish" thing...but I can find those at my local bookstores.

On the Tanya S thing...that's actually what I was thinking about. Shots of real women diving in real conditions. Cave diving, free diving, drysuits and tropics. And since this would be from GirlDiver...we won't be having any bikini models (GirlDiver doesn't have the production budget that Sports Illustrated does anyway...)

A friend had suggested a "hot hunky DM" calendar...but I couldn't picture me with that calendar where people would be looking at it. Maybe when I was still in college....

So, what's the thought on GirlDivers diving?

H2Andy:
i think you should do an H2Andy calendar ... a different speedo every month of the year

i think women will go crazy over it, and we'll make a million

You should include some pics of you in your speedo with the Salvo backplate poses in your shots....

girldiverllc:
So, what's the thought on GirlDivers diving?

I'd be interested in one of those... I also have "fish" calendars every year, usually one of tropical fish from the bookstore, like you mentioned, and lately, also the one from DAN. When it's fish, though, I like just fish. As for the hunky DMs, well, that's what the firefighter calendar is for (tucked away into a corner of my office so only I can see it!). A focus on women divers, just doing what we do, would be great - would be inspiration. It would be interesting to see us in our natural environment, so to speak.

If you like, I could send you several photos I've taken of my drysuit leg. Okay, they're just what happens when the camera is on when it should be off, but that pocket, it's a looker! :)

kari

Hey, I really like the idea of a calendar with pages of photographs of women diving, doing different kinds of dives in different environments. That WOULD be a change from fish (although I like fish pictures, too). I'd even volunteer a picture for it, if anybody ever got one of me in trim . . . :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom