2006 Super Bowl Commercial Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite has to be the budweiser one with the 2 guys and the bear.

If you didnt see it, watch it here

mike_s:
so how long did you "watch it"?

well...

We stumbled across it at about 9:30... guess we missed the "kick off" (was there a kick off?)

I looked at the dish program guide - and it said the thing went on from 9:00 PM to Midnight... THREE HOURS?????????!!!!!

I figgered there'd be a "halftime", and about 20 minutes into the thing they pimped the Kitty Halftime Show - so we hung out until halftime.

So I guess that makes about 70 - 75 minutes.

In my own defense - I wasn't "watching it" as in giving it my full attention. It was on on the back ground, and I did wind back some funny stuff in the DVR (the Akita was the bomb...)

So although it seems like I have no life, I am only mostly lifeless.

So sue me. :10:

---
Ken

OH MAN!! I totally forgot about the puppy bowl.
I think Bud was tops on the commercials for the Super Bowl. Some new, some recreated. Also liked the jackass one but the monkeys got old quickly.

Half time, totally disappointed!! Sound tech needed to be shot.

Anybody notice that you can type jackass without getting censored, but you can't leave off the jack?

I was bored with everything on the Stupid Bowl this year. The game held little interest for me (understand how Steeler and Seahawk fans might feel differently! I would too if the Bears had been there). The commercials barely caught my attention and I don't remember even a smile.

But then I'm of the opinion that WAY too much money is spent on player's salaries and advertising in this culture anyway. I prefer a real sporting event over a production like this... maybe a high school football game comes closer to my expectations. But then I think teachers deserve the salaries the players get and vice versa.

crpntr133:
Half time, totally disappointed!! Sound tech needed to be shot.

Im glad someone agrees with me as when i got home i fired up my DVR (HD with no compression which makes for great shows but hugh files) to confirm my ears where not decieving me and listened to the show while watching the levels on a couple different programs and it got messed with big time through the whole show.

Tooth

We do get to watch the game up here in Canada, but the television feed where I live is substituted with a Canadian channel, so we do not get to see most of the commercials. I did see streaking goat and thought it was funny. Instead, we had to endure a series of commercials for the new Bell spokesanimals.

http://frankandgordon.com/

Good thing the world has beer,nachos and chicken wings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom