2006 Super Bowl Commercial Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cool thing about the Bud "Streaker" commercial was that it took a classic commercial with the horses playing football and added something new and hilarious to it. It showed good creativity.

Doc Intrepid:
My vote for the most clever ad was the Fedex ad with the hapless cave man.

But the Budweiser ads were cute too...both the streaking goat and the one with the Clydesdale colt pulling the wagon with the other two horses pushing from behind.

Go Seahawks. Beat the Refs.

:D

:lol: I think the FedEx add was the best one this year :

http://www.ifilm.com/player/?ifilmId=2694402

GoDaddy.com had another, too racey for primetime add, that got pulled:

http://www.youtube.com/w/GoDaddy-Window-Washer-Ad?v=kRvFPEYFCw0&search=godaddy

I was working as a bartender during the superbowl and some of the commericals where funny others just plain stupid.

the bud clydesdales were good

the pepsi one was totally stupid and i want to know how came up with that concept as they need to be shot.

as for half time i was listening on my headphones (bose studio monitor ones) and the sound tech during the show was constantly messing with the settings as i could here the levels being changed all the way through. also the fact that the songs where censored totally sucked as it just goes to show how much the FCC is bound and determined to tell us what we can listen to instead of indivduals making the decision.

FWIW

Tooth

It's not so much the FCC that is censoring, but the network. They want the Superbowl to be a "wholesome family show". However, they are more paranoid of the FCC after the fine they got for the Janet Jackson incident.

Incidentally, the Rolling Stones actually got certain words "silenced" (censored) on several ocassions last night. (the show was live, but was "delayed" in case of something like a "wardrobe malfunction").

BTW... I liked the FED EX Ad, but I didn't see it all when on TV. The only part I saw was the guy getting squished. However I think the Burt Reynolds FED EX Ad from last year was better for Fed Ex. (of course you couldn't play it again this year as it would have been 'old').

The Monkey ads were good (for Career Builder), but they didn't have any new creativity.

The Budweiser Ad's were all pretty much good though. Though two were a take on an old ad, it had new creativity. They were still the leaders overall I think.

Jaye and I stumbled on the Animal Planet "Puppy Bowl" last night as we were turning in...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Anyone else see this?

Here's the scene:

1) Build a small scale football stadium - complete with jumbotron, endzones, flash bulbs and crowd cheers.

2) Release about 6 - 10 puppies into it with about 20 toys

3) Get the NFL Music and voice over guy to do the breaks and bumps

4) Mix in some instant replays, slow motion, etc.

5) Get kittens for your halftime entertainment.

6) Video tape the puppies playing and futzing around for about 3 hours.

Its unreal. Friggen genius.

There's even a "Bowl Cam" - a camera mounted under a glass bottomed water dish in one of the end zones... so you can get a bowl's eye view of little fido slurping it up.

This thing rocked.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Jaye and I stumbled on the Animal Planet "Puppy Bowl" last night as we were turning in...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Anyone else see this?

We ran across it also......

so how long did you "watch it"?

yep... I love the bowl cam.

The funny thing was that as soon as it was over, they re-played it.
It was actually better than the real game.

My brother and I watched a little of the Puppy Bowl at halftime, too. It was really cute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom