2004 Florida Mini Sport Lobster Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The mini season is fun, just avoid the madhouse in the keys. The businesses love it but its not my idea of a good time to be in the keys.

Keys will be better by August 15th or so as the beer-swilling crowd thins.West,Central and North Fla offer bigger bugs and a larger bag limit.12 average bugs from Jax will feed a family several meals.

I've read the regs for Monroe County, but does anybody have any info on bugs (local ordinances, etc.) for Broward? Just want to be in compliance with our friends with the blue lights on their boats...

GrierHPharmD:
does anybody have any info on bugs (local ordinances, etc.) for Broward? Just want to be in compliance with our friends with the blue lights on their boats...

True... Scubaguy and I would like to go out and try it this season, are there any scubaboard members with boats here in Broward? The boat friends we have are not tank friendly (ya know what I mean!!)

darrylwboyd:
does every body have to get a liscens to get lobsters

Yes, to catch lobster in any manner you are required to have a saltwater fishing license with a lobster stamp.

Keys will be better by August 15th or so as the beer-swilling crowd thins.West,Central and North Fla offer bigger bugs and a larger bag limit.12 average bugs from Jax will feed a family several meals.

Lobsters do get bigger further north due to much less commercial fishing pressure, but there are many less to be found. Lobster north of Broward are probably not breeding locally but come from planktonic baby lobster carried there by the stream.

There's no reason to come up to North East Florida for Lobster. Everyone should keep going down to The Keys for them. :wink:

scbababe:
True... Scubaguy and I would like to go out and try it this season, are there any scubaboard members with boats here in Broward? The boat friends we have are not tank friendly (ya know what I mean!!)

I'm thinking of going out the evening the mini season starts. I've still got to get a license (Well, I've got to get my driver's license first to get the in-state rate.), but I'm thinking hard about doing one of the close in-shore areas, like Hibiscus or Yellow Brick Road that night. Anybody else interested, or is a late night beach dive during mini-season suicidal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom