2004 Florida Mini Sport Lobster Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you planning on joining in on the fun this year?
Where in the Keys will you be diving?

I avoid the mini season in the keys like the plague. Prices go up, and its way too crowded.

Yipes... just for your own amazement & horror do a mental note of the reef condition before and after mini-season... big FRESH chunks will be missing from the barrel sponges and anything that's started to grow near a hole will show obvious signs of distress (if still there at all).

It's not even real lobster!!!!

Don't you just love people who get on the forum just to advertise??

algal bloom:
Don't you just love people who get on the forum just to advertise??

Actually hoping to inform and understand.

While many of the expressed problems occur, there are many honest, caring divers that get to enjoy quite an event. With the huge numbers of visitors it doesn't take much of a percentage of those that don't care or don't know to create havoc. I hope that by educating and revealing the problems that it will get better.

Yipes... just for your own amazement & horror do a mental note of the reef condition before and after mini-season... big FRESH chunks will be missing from the barrel sponges and anything that's started to grow near a hole will show obvious signs of distress (if still there at all).

This is a problem that has been occuring within every popular divesite year round.

Not worth the hassle; mini-season turns usually good divers into idiots!

I don't believe "Good Divers" are the problem. It is the lawless and uneducated.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom