$200 reward for memory card of lost underwater camera in LaPaz, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gmon750

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
On October 25th, 2011 while diving Swannee Reef in LaPaz, Mexico my canon powershot underwater camera slipped away and was taken by the currents.

I write this plea in desperation in the hopes that someone knows someone that heard of someone finding that camera.

I'm offering a $200 reward to anyone that has come across that camera and has the photographs and videos intact. The camera itself is not as important as the data on the memory card. They are incredibly important.

The photos and videos were taken during a live-aboard on the Don Jose during that week and contains videos of whalesharks, reefs, and most importantly two freedivers that I was filming specifically so they can use in marketing materials.

The boats that were in the area at the time I was there were from the Cortez Club (near LaConcha) and Club Cantamar. I've left flyers at their facilities before I left Mexico to come back home in San Francisco.

If anyone has any information whatsoever, please contact me.

As I mentioned, the camera is not important, only the memory card. No questions whatsoever will be asked.

Thank you in advance!

no question asked on the memory card too? If so, what brand, size and model is the memory card? And do they still sell it?

no question asked on the memory card too? If so, what brand, size and model is the memory card? And do they still sell it?

Lwang, I'm offering $200 reward for the memory card that came with the camera INCLUDING the footage I took at the time the camera was lost. I am not searching for a replacement memory card. I'm trying to recover the footage I took. I apologize if my original post did not clarify that well.

Lwang, I'm offering $200 reward for the memory card that came with the camera INCLUDING the footage I took at the time the camera was lost. I am not searching for a replacement memory card. I'm trying to recover the footage I took. I apologize if my original post did not clarify that well.
You were crystal clear. Someone is being a smart ass......

Just wanted to clarify before I went to buy an exact make/model of the memory card. You will have to wait a few mnths/years before it drifts to some beach, or as is the case of the pacific, it might end up in that giant swirl of garbage. I thought I would save you a few years.

Hey Gmon750 is there a reason you put this in the Canon sub forum instead of some sub forum on diving in Mexico? Is the reward only open to people who own Canon cameras?

Hey Gmon750 is there a reason you put this in the Canon sub forum instead of some sub forum on diving in Mexico? Is the reward only open to people who own Canon cameras?

I placed a similar post in the lost/found area too. They both show up in google quite prominently when searching for lost camera. I'm trying to cover my bases since I'm trying to think that a joe-diver may not necessarily be aware of this website, but my try googling first as I would.

I'll probably post it in a more general area too. Thanks for advice!

Good Luck ! Mayan curse ? In 2010 lost a camera in Mexico - irreplaceable vacation photos lost forever - we were bummed ! Then some kind couple ran up to me and my GF and said they had out camera ! I know how it feels to want back the memory card - the camera suddenly doesn't matter anymore ! I wish you the best (I was lucky).

Hmm.. Guess I should tag my camera..

"If found, please send the memory card with contents to: John Doe, L&F Road, 12345 Dumbass" :p

If I lose my camera, which I nearly did, the photos probably would piss me off the most as well :/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom