200 Gram Polartex Drysuit Underwear - $75 - FREE Shipping to All US Addresses!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did two dives with this undergarment today in 55 degree water. I thought it's way too thin to keep me warm, but to my surprise, it worked. Got a little chill toward the end of my second dive 15 min deco.

ShakaZulu:
I did two dives with this undergarment today in 55 degree water. I thought it's way too thin to keep me warm, but to my surprise, it worked. Got a little chill toward the end of my second dive 15 min deco.

I have been hearing this same comment from a lot of buyers. Remember, it is difficult to judge an underwear garment simply by the weight. Underwear that is labled "200 gram" simply states the weight of the fabric....not how much air is trapped in the structure of the material. Without air trapping properties, the thickness of the garment is basically unimportant (not completely, but as a general rule). The structure of the material determines it's ability to hold air (the insulator for drysuits). In addition, this garment contains a considerable proportion of carbon fiber, an substance the is helpful in the "wicking" property of the garment.

I am glad you like this item. You are not alone. We still have several left in each size, so if anyone wants one of these at this great low price, order now. When they are gone, I dont expect to have more for a number of months. It appears that I have purchased MOST of the tilos inventory that was intended to last well into the summer of 2007. Thanks for your comments.

Phil Ellis

jrc:
What Size Would I Need? I'm 5'10" And Weigh 230. I'm Thinking Xxl

exactly! but the legs will be too long on you, either have them altered or just fold them over and tuck it into your socks (looks goofy but a lot easier then finding a tailor that is willing to work on the super stretchy material)

Just ordered one of these. I've been thinking about this since it was first posted, but thought I should save up for a weezle or some thinsulate-based undergarment, but I decided to go with this anyway because the price was so good. Also, the L-size should fit me well (I'm 6' and 190# currently), plus I like the jumpsuit design with loops for the feet.

I already have 150g 2-piece fleece undergarment and some thinner winter underwear, but often the shirts gets pulled up in the 2-piece designs opening the lower back and stomach area up for exposure which I hate, and I also like the idea of the foot loops. Hopefully I'll get to test this out over my Christmas break in the UK. I'll let you know how it works.

By the way, has anyone tried the XS size? 5-5'5" for the XS seems like a huge height range.

ShakaZulu:
Hey, Roy, what kind of DS were you wearing? And what else did you have on under it, in addition to the Tilos undergarment? (no, I don't care about THAT) Any long underwear, etc., or just the Tilos undergarment? I found mine a touch too cold in my shell suit, for some local 60 degree waters, even with a pair of Patagonia midweight Capilene long underwear (2 piece) under it. I'm going try layering it next with a Dive Rite 200 gram polartec 200 jumpsuit I just picked up (for a lot more than the Tilos undergarment) and see if that does the trick. I suspect the Tilos alone might suffice for people wearing compressed/crushed neoprene drysuits, but it wasn't quite enough for me. I'm new to DS diving, however, so it could be I just need more insulation that other people do.

Dived it in 53 freeze degrees this mornin', Phil you ROCK, guys/girls you cant go wrong with this undergarment!

Tail waggin',

Tevis

Archangel:
Dived it in 53 freeze degrees this mornin', Phil you ROCK, guys/girls you cant go wrong with this undergarment!

Tail waggin',

Tevis

Thanks Tevis. I like it when you are happy!

Phil Ellis

CompuDude:
Hey, Roy, what kind of DS were you wearing? And what else did you have on under it, in addition to the Tilos undergarment? (no, I don't care about THAT) Any long underwear, etc., or just the Tilos undergarment? I found mine a touch too cold in my shell suit, for some local 60 degree waters, even with a pair of Patagonia midweight Capilene long underwear (2 piece) under it. I'm going try layering it next with a Dive Rite 200 gram polartec 200 jumpsuit I just picked up (for a lot more than the Tilos undergarment) and see if that does the trick. I suspect the Tilos alone might suffice for people wearing compressed/crushed neoprene drysuits, but it wasn't quite enough for me. I'm new to DS diving, however, so it could be I just need more insulation that other people do.

I don't have the crushed neoprene drysuit, and had nothing on underneath. Wanted to see if it would work as is, and it did. Note: I wasn't cold, but I wasn't warm either. I think for 50 degrees, you may want to add a little something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom