2 week trip advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I may look at 2 weeks in The Bahamas maybe early May. Appreciate advice from personal experience on the following---
--inexpensive, clean motels walking distance to beach.
--advice on shore diving, car rentals.
--I've been to Nassau & Freeport. Same questions as above for either or any other possible island.
--we also consider Puerto Rico and S. Florida, same questions.

Thanks in advance.

I have stayed at the Orange Hill Inn a few times. It is across the street from the beach and if you want to dive, Stuart Cove pick up at the hotel. It is not fancy, but I really liked it. It is a family run hotel and by breakfast the day after you check in, you will normally be greeted by name as you walk in the front lobby.

I have not been there in a few years, so I have no idea about how recent hurricanes have impacted the hotel, but it might be worth a look. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a couple miles from Downtown Nassau so it is a little quieter but there is a bus that runs right past the front of the hotel that will take you downtown if you want.

Thanks--will check it out. I assume you did no shore diving anywhere on the island?

Thanks--will check it out. I assume you did no shore diving anywhere on the island?
That is correct. I don't even know of any shore diving near Nassau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom