2 sets of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonnythan, if that's all you use to protect your gear, why stop there? I'm sure you could find a GI surplus bag for less than $20 to protect you $1000 worth of gear! Good protection for dirty clothes maybe.

ebbdiver once bubbled...
Jonnythan, if that's all you use to protect your gear, why stop there? I'm sure you could find a GI surplus bag for less than $20 to protect you $1000 worth of gear! Good protection for dirty clothes maybe.

What makes the $130 bag any better? I have a couple of EMS duffles.. they're extremely high quality. EMS also sells Eagle Creek duffles for $150-$200 which are basically equivalent to the EMS brand.

The $130 Samsonite bags from Mervyn's are no better....

It's better because it's a hard sided bad that keeps things from getting banged up, squished, and pinched by other baggage. There are cheaper hard sided bags, but they're not as durable. We're talking about this bag being checked in as luggage at the airport. I don't know how you can keep your gear from being damage in a duffel bag. I used a duffle bag for years in the Navy. I would use a duffle bag on the boat though. Fits better and doesn't slide around as much.

Anyone having any problesm with the 50 pd bag limit?

My last trip, last year before the 50 pd limit, all my gear plus extra clothes was 62pds in one bag (minus reg). I figure I'm going to have to carry two bags now to stay under the limit which is going to be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom