2 sets of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board. Go Ducks.

Obviously depends on how much gear, wet or dry, petite or king kong size, etc, etc, etc....

I can fit my entire kit, and my wife's entire kit into the Stahlsac rolling XL cargo (Catalina) bag. The only exception is the drysuit undies. If I pull the reg bags, those will fit. Its a huge bag, rolls, great zippers, etc, etc. Its pricey, but I can't say enough about the quality.

Whatever you use, never pack weights or your cylinder into a bag.

K

I second the Stahlsac, but a different model. I picked up a "Galapagos" instead of the "Catalina". It's 7935 cu. in. instead of 7350 cu. in. I've managed to fit in a full set of gear plus a dry suit and undergarment, or two full sets of equipment, with a bit of room to spare. If you carry on your regulators, you'll have even more room. It has wheels, it stands up nicely and it's a Stahlsac. It doesn't scream "steal me" too badly, but it doesn't look like run-of-the-mill luggage.

I have the Armor Bags XL Backpack with Wheels #2 and it fits both myself and my girlfriend's gear, excluding regs. I'm sure the regs would fit, but we prefer to carry those on. The bag is pretty stealth. This one doesn't scream "steal me" either. 8500 cu. in.

Mark

Check with the airlines. Most have a 62 linear inches bag size limit and either a 50 or 70 pound limit before additional charges are added. Most of the bags listed are above the 62 inch limit, but they should hold the gear.

Length + width+ height=total linear inches for measurement.

Thanks for the help y'all - actually found a Samsonite 30'' bag at Kohls last night - and at 50% off it was only 130.00. Both sets of gear fit great and of course the regs go in a carryon.

I also have a Samsonite wheeled duffle bag that works great as a dive bag. I use an Armor backpack (w/ wheels) to carry my regulator & mask. I was also able to carry a bathing suit & pareo, sunscreen, a bottle of liquor (1ltr) & 2 cartons of cigarettes with room to spare.

FortWorthDiver once bubbled...
Thanks for the help y'all - actually found a Samsonite 30'' bag at Kohls last night - and at 50% off it was only 130.00. Both sets of gear fit great and of course the regs go in a carryon.

If that's the same bag I bought from Mervyn's for just under $130, it measures less than an inch under the airlines 62" requirement! That's as big as you can get and not have to pay extra for shipping. It also has roller-blade wheels and a pop-up handle. Great bag!

Back
Top Bottom