2 first stages plus one hp hose = transfill whip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RogerDodger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If I have 2 Aeris A1 first stages... and say a 6' HP hose can I connect both ends of the HP hose to the HP ports and create a transfill whip to fill LP tanks? Or is there some sort of mechanism that prohibits reverse flow in first stages?

A pair of "paintball yokes" ($9.99 ea), one fill hose, and a double male QD fitting does it for much less (DIN fill adapters or valve plugs are necessary too if you are DIN).... likely less than $50.00

got mine off the auction site you "can't mention here"....

As well as being time-wise impractical, that would be one expensive transfill whip. They can be bought for less than the cost of a first stage.

Lynne, not quite true, Piranha has a few under $100, I think the one I'm using for my O2 bottle was $60 brand new, but that's an anomaly. Works really good for O2 though... Balanced piston O2 clean for that cheap was a great deal

I don't think a hp hose will thread into the reg. Perhaps a couple of spg hoses with a coupler might work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom