2 Exams left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday afternoon, I did 6 or 7 exams. I think I have 2 left (technic and environment plus another one).

Is it just me or they are VERY easy? I would have thought the for a Professionnal exam, it would have been much harder.

Is it just me or some answer just doesn't make any sense or don't have any logic at all? Most of my errors were because I didn't agreed with the answers provided. And according to me it was very debatable.

Or maybe it was just the traduction. I took the exams in french. After the correction, I translated mentally the questions in english and they were making more sense.

Am I the only one thinking like that?

I would have gotten 100% on the OW exam but for one question. "What are the causes of DSC?" I answered "all of the above", which included "vigorous surface swim before dive" and "drinking too much". The answer was "C: down too deep too long". The other 2 were considered auxiliarly reasons, I guess. Still felt I got 100. So did my instructor.

They're supposed to be easy if you're prepared ... according to my Instructor :p

I missed one question on the supervising student divers exam. One of those that is questionable -- and in my opinion open to interpretation.

I too am about mid way through all my exams, I feel like I have studied enough, but many of the questions, are worded poorly, almost like they are trying to 'trick you' instead of testing your 'out and out' knowledge. Anyway, that's just my thought!

How to pass PADI DM (and IDC / IE exams)

(1) RTFQ... Read The FfffffffULL Question
(2) RTFA... Read The Full Answer
(3) Don't read too much into the answers!

Okay I just wanted to elaborate on tboxcar's post a bit. It does seem like PADI are out to trick you on some of the DM/IDC questions - I don't think that's really the aim but the material is not rocket science so I guess it might be an attempt to quiz a broader knowledge than 20 questions may initially assume. Some of the IE questions I remember as being really rather tricky, and I'm a guy who knows my stuff!

Good luck to the OP with the rest of your exams - I'm not gonna give answers away here but if anybody needs help or has questions or disagreements with the exams then please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

C.

Just finished the 2 last exams Deco theory and environnement.

I kept an average 18/20 for the 5 test. It was just tooooo easy for a "professionnal" level.

No, not really. It was way too easy.

I know of DM candidates that have failed exams more than once - like 3rd try is a charm I guess. Just keep in mind that for some people, the exams are quite easy, but not everyone. I prepared for them appropriately, but did not find them difficult. 90% was my lowest score.

Big f-in' deal. So what?

High test scores on exams doesn't necessarily a better DM or a better diver.

Also true... there are some people who just aren't good test takers no matter how much they study. Maybe one of the reasons that you only need 75% to pass :wink: Test scores don't say anything about a persons skills in the water... that's why we have to do more than just take a written test :wink:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom