2 Dives in Playa del Carmen, 2 Dives in Cozumel help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

info@tankha.com

contact manny

as stated above.....they are a good little dive op in playa. located right by the corner of 10th and 10th (easy to remember). the communication from them is usually very quick. unlike some other play outfits i will not mention that ignore repeated emails.
the cenotes are pretty cool.my wife and i did the cenote specialty this spring with rolph through tank ha. and i am returning next week and hoping to complete my cavern specialty with them as well.
i believe they may be the only company who runs a boat direct to coz for diving from playa. if the weather is good it should be no problem. if it is really rough it might be kinda tough.

i believe they may be the only company who runs a boat direct to coz for diving from playa. if the weather is good it should be no problem. if it is really rough it might be kinda tough.

Dive Balam also does direct trips from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. Their boat is bigger so the crossing might be more comfortable. If you go with a dive operation that does direct trips to Cozumel, be sure to ask them if there is a minimum number of divers needed to make the trip - if only a few people are booked for the excursion, then might find that it gets cancelled. Also, could be that if there are diver cancellations, then the trip gets cancelled as well. Just so you know for planning purposes.

+1 for Tank Ha. I was in Playa del Carmen in February and did 6 dives with them. They have a package the includes 2 tank local dives in Playa, 2 tank dive in Cozumel and 2 tank dives in a cenote. I did morning dives in all cases and was back at our resort for lunch with my non-diver wife in all cases. The Coz dives use a local to Playa boat and eliminates the need to take the ferry and then connect with a dive op in Coz. This saves at least two hours on the trip. Tank Ha was the most communicative during my research prior to our trip and that was a big part of my decision to use them. They did not disappoint in any way. The cenote dive was just me and the DM- no cancellation. Great dives as well.

I was staying at the Riu hotel so I use Scuba Caribe and they had great dive, safe and pretty professional. The dives were also cheaper than the one in town but then again I brought all my gear with me.

I just got back from Playa/Tulum and had a really good experience with Phantom Divers (www.phantomdivers.com). Their pricing was great ($70 for two tanks ocean with gear), and I booked the cenotes at the same time, so I did two tanks two days, one day ocean and one day cenotes for $162. October is toward the tail end of the slow season so the trips were me and one other guy both times, so it was really enjoyable. If your other suggestions fall through, I would give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom