(2) Dacor Olympic 400 Regulators. New in the box. Never been used.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone else I encounter in the scuba community seems to have a brain or at least some decency. Guess I found the exceptions

It’s interesting that my comments are labeled as “sad sack”. I clearly state my intention for a NEW IN BOX Olympic and you post a link for an overpriced, torn up empty box. Cool! Wow I hadn’t seen that listing before and I didn’t realize that stuffing one of my Olympics in that box would pretty much be the same thing! I was actually trying to be polite in my original response that it was only the box because I assumed you were either careless or limited. I’ll go with limited. For the second guy, yeah dude that’s super easy! Only issues are that it’s overpriced by about $100, not only is it not new in box but it’s far from even mint, and it’s not early 70s model.
God damn.

It’s interesting that my comments are labeled as “sad sack”. I clearly state my intention for a NEW IN BOX Olympic and you post a link for an overpriced, torn up empty box. Cool! Wow I hadn’t seen that listing before and I didn’t realize that stuffing one of my Olympics in that box would pretty much be the same thing! I was actually trying to be polite in my original response that it was only the box because I assumed you were either careless or limited. I’ll go with limited. For the second guy, yeah dude that’s super easy! Only issues are that it’s overpriced by about $100, not only is it not new in box but it’s far from even mint, and it’s not early 70s model.
God damn.
To borrow from Yoder - ungrateful, and rude, you are.

A couple of folks note items that, while not exactly what you are looking for (a mint condition, new in box outdated and obsolete artifact of days gone by that likely doesn't exist on the face of the planet), see something related and thinking you may have an interest based on your initial inquiry, they actually go to the trouble to log back into this thread and post a pointer, should you decide to take a look, say "yeah, not exactly, but it's cool" and might want to follow up. And for their trouble, you rudely bash them because they didn't deliver exactly the unobtainium plated piece of s, er, gear that you sought.

The way I'd react would be "thanks for thinking of me" and ignore the suggestion if I had no interest. A less civil person might just ignore. But, to paraphrase, "It's not what I'm looking for! It's overpriced! It's crap! Goddamn."

Childish and ungrateful and self-centered all come to mind when trying to frame the behavior shown. Get over yourself.

Tell you what - from now on, when you see a posting from >>OMMOHY<< just fast forward past it and save yourself all the effort and anguish and pain it causes you...

Surprised to learn I am obviously lacking a brain and decency -
OMMOHY

To borrow from Yoder - ungrateful, and rude, you are.

A couple of folks note items that, while not exactly what you are looking for (a mint condition, new in box outdated and obsolete artifact of days gone by that likely doesn't exist on the face of the planet), see something related and thinking you may have an interest based on your initial inquiry, they actually go to the trouble to log back into this thread and post a pointer, should you decide to take a look, say "yeah, not exactly, but it's cool" and might want to follow up. And for their trouble, you rudely bash them because they didn't deliver exactly the unobtainium plated piece of s, er, gear that you sought.

The way I'd react would be "thanks for thinking of me" and ignore the suggestion if I had no interest. A less civil person might just ignore. But, to paraphrase, "It's not what I'm looking for! It's overpriced! It's crap! Goddamn."

Childish and ungrateful and self-centered all come to mind when trying to frame the behavior shown. Get over yourself.

Tell you what - from now on, when you see a posting from >>OMMOHY<< just fast forward past it and save yourself all the effort and anguish and pain it causes you...

Surprised to learn I am obviously lacking a brain and decency -
OMMOHY
Sounds good!

Well as far as the product goes, yes perhaps it doesn’t exist, but it did when this thread was created (x2). When you’re a vintage scuba enthusiast and service your own equipment the obsolete argument is irrelevant. As far as performance, the 400/800 performs exceptionally well even by today’s standards- probably better than your current setup. You know your suggestion had no intention of being helpful so don’t BS me. It was clearly intended to be condescending and comical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom