2/3 letter term suggestion list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Since our server migration and upgrade we have changed our indexing rules to skip all words 3 characters or shorter. If there is a 3 or 2 letter search term you feel should be indexed please post it here so we can add it to the settings.

Please note, only threads that are posted two forum the time we add the term and on will show up in search results.

M1 - Mares wrist computer. There are others, but I remember my frustration trying to find information on that.

I would also add some of the more common regulator brands - ATX, from Apeks... the Z1, B1 whatever's from Atomic...MK2, etc.

Can't you just reindex the whole DB once you come up with your wordlist? Certainly there are many words worth indexing like.....

GUE
DIR
SSI
TDI
SDI

Perhaps the whole rule should be changed from 4 to 3 characters? Its important to consider the overall performance increase, not just the cost of the index.

A 3 character index takes about 20 hours to rebuild given words like but, and, the, his, her, etc... a 4 character index still takes a good 10 hour. It's far better for preformance to simply add the terms we need to the database and let the site index those on it's own.

I have had some problems searching for dive location information. Terms such as:

Los
Las
San
Coz
Key
GBR

And a very commonly used abbreviation for cameras:

Oly

Thanks for asking :D

new
fin
jet
B/P
wet
dry
DIN
ear
bag
TV
SS (stainless steel)

I'm sure there's plenty more...

I've added all the suggested terms ths far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom