2/18/07 - Must Dive Sunday Morning...m..m..m..mm..must Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Was that Sloyta that the CG had to pull in with a kayak over on the East shore ?...
we heard that CG radio broadcast too..
"two kayaks in distress.. with one person in the water.. 400yds outside hanauma bay"

where did they launch from? koko or maybe sandys? (that's a long paddle)

we did a double sea-tiger from the ducky this morning..
when you'd open a water bottle to take a sip..
the wind would just start whistling through the top of it..
kinda funny :D if it wasn't so scary :11:
justleesa:
small craft alert today....:(
lisa.. i couldn't find the definition for "small craft alert"..
and i wasn't sure if that was better or worse than a small craft advisory..
so we went out anyways.. there was hardly a swell.. but lots of white-caps.. and stong gusts.. suprisingly, no current and good viz.. could see the wreck from the surface..

the definitions i did find:
Small Craft Advisory - warning issued by the National Weather Service to alert mariners to sustained (more than two hours) weather or sea conditions, either present or forecast, that might be hazardous to small boats. If a mariner notices a Small Craft Advisory pennant displayed he should determine immediately the reason by tuning his radio to the latest marine broadcast. Decision as to the degree of hazard will be left up to the boatman, based on his experience and size and type of boat. There is no legal definition of "small craft". The Small Craft Advisory is an advisory in Coastal Waters and Nearshore forecasts for sustained winds, frequent gusts, or sea/wave conditions, exceeding defined thresholds specific to geographic areas. A Small Craft Advisory may also be issued when sea or lake ice exists that could be hazardous to small boats.. It is issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach within 12 hours, a wind speed up to 38 mph (33 knots).

Gale Warning - issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach between 39 mph (34 knots) and 55 mph (48 knots).

Storm Warning - issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach between 55 mph (48 knots) and 74 mph (65 knots.)

Hurricane Warning - issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach 74 mph (65 knots) or greater.

Hey... wasn't me. I'm able to swim mine in from long distances!
:showtime:
BTW... That's post 1000 for me

Well...arose from the dead...ws sick the whole dang time, then my laptop died to boot...so only computer to use is here at work...arrrrrrrrr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom