1st Trip To Homestead Crater - Where To Stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
SB,

I have my first trip to Homestead Crater in Utah in a couple of weeks. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on where to stay. I am looking for 1-2 nights and my non-diving GF will be with me. My Sceduled Dive Time is at 2-4 p.m. on Saturday and I am not sure if I want to drive back to Denver after the dive or stay the second night and drive back on Sunday. So far I was thinking about just staying at the resort, but it is a little pricey.

Also any dinner suggestions? Currently I am on a meatless diet for the next four weeks. No issues if I need to bring my own meals.

Thanks,:acclaim:

~Oldbear~

Hi Oldbear,

Just returned from a very successfull weekend @ the crater.

You get an incredible deal at the Homestead resort as a diver ( about $80 ).

Hi Oldbear,

Just returned from a very successfull weekend @ the crater.

You get an incredible deal at the Homestead resort as a diver ( about $80 ).

$80 to stay at the resort...well there you go!:yeahbaby:

I will call them this afternoon.

Thanks Casey.

P.S. I thik I will be trying out a couple new regs:wink:

As far as food, the resort has Simon's. Fairly reasonable, varied selection, very convenient.

Very good breakfast!

Definitely stay a couple of nights. If you can relax and spend an extra night before &/or after diving, I would. It is a very beautiful area.

I stayed at the resort for my open water cert last year. The price wasn't bad and it was nice to be so close to the crater. There was a nice pizza place on Main Street to the south, but I don't remember the name.

you may want to visit Park City while you are there. It is just up the road about 15 minutes and has a plethora of eats. I am on a very strict low sodium diet and have no difficulty in Park City. Just look on the net for restaurants in Park city and they list the menus and nutritional information (from the classy joints :). You may not be a skier but it is fun to watch them go off the ski jump where they practice aerobatics. Also you can ride a bobsled. In the summer they go down the mountain on wheels. Pretty stinking fun.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom