1st Time Diving in Florida, What Should We Dive and With Who???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all,
This will be my first time diving in Florida, and I was just wondering what dive shop/boat/Captain we should go out with and what dive sites we should try to visit. Background on diving experience: OW, diving since last July, and currently working on getting tested for AOW having all required dives done; we've dove mostly in the area we live in which is mostky rock quarries in Ohio (Circleville, OH), and a lake in southern WV (Summersville, WV). I have also dove in Wilmington, NC the past year and decided to do that dive again this year. Any help would be appreciated...

MU_airtankhead:
Hey all,
This will be my first time diving in Florida, and I was just wondering what dive shop/boat/Captain we should go out with and what dive sites we should try to visit. Background on diving experience: OW, diving since last July, and currently working on getting tested for AOW having all required dives done; we've dove mostly in the area we live in which is mostky rock quarries in Ohio (Circleville, OH), and a lake in southern WV (Summersville, WV). I have also dove in Wilmington, NC the past year and decided to do that dive again this year. Any help would be appreciated...

It's a big state, where will you be staying? There is good boat diving from Jacksonville to Boca Raton and then the beach diving begins closer to Ft. Lauderdale through the keys.

Pretty much anywhere there's water, you'll have a good time.

Sorry I forgot to tell you guys where I was staying...
We are staying in Delray Beach and are there the first week of August, we are willing to travel anywhere between West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale...
Thanks in advance!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom